summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

one misty moisty morning, when cloudy was the weather....



The dark rainy mornings, when the school girls have gotten on the bus, Paul has left for work, and the other kids are still sleeping...my favorite time of my favorite kind of day. Super cozy, and coffee...

In years past, if I had a chunk of time like this in the morning, I would surely be cleaning up or putting in laundry. I did wipe down counters, wash silverware and the crockpot, and straighten some things up this morning before planting in my chair for a little while. Anne will be here in a few minutes, the homeschooled kids will be getting up, and the day will roar into gear. We are planning to go to the library today, and I have to mail a stroller out that I just sold. :)

Tomorrow morning, road trip!!!! Mirielle, me, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille will be hitting the road bright and early, heading south. We're staying in Fairfax, in a nice Airbnb....3 and a half bathrooms! A hot tub! Friday night, we're having a rehearsal dinner there for Grace's family to join us...Marge and Adrian and Wulf will be there, along with Evelyn...the rest of the family will be getting there later in the evening, some are staying at two different Airbnb's.

We had hoped to tour D.C. on Friday, but now I'm probably shopping and food prepping for the dinner, which I don't mind. Hopefully Marge and Adrian and the kids will still go sightseeing.

The wedding is on Saturday, and I still haven't gotten my dress fixed...the sleeves flair out very obnoxiously, so I thought to just tuck them and take a few stitches...I'll probably do it on Saturday right before we leave. I have so many things to remember, but I do have a notebook page here filled with reminders and ideas, for the dinner, and our wedding clothes, our stay, the road trip, ect.

Yeah, so we have a library trip today, overdue books again, ugh. I renew them online, but somehow I was late doing that, and they charge 25 cents a day per book, and we get tons of books. At least I can pay by credit card online, so it spares me the embarrassment of the librarian announcing in a very non-librarian voice that I owe FIVE DOLLLARS in overdue fees...it's all whispers and quietness until the overdue fees announcement, I tell ya.

Yesterday afternoon, I accompanied my sister Cheryl to the hospital to have a biopsy of a mass on her thyroid. It was obviously not fun for her, but she's taken a strong stance against complaining, and is fighting that spirit of anxiety, she knows that God knows and plans all things. It's still not fun, be we still managed to have fun, of course. Afterward we went to a few stores, and we dawdled and giggled and had a grand old time, despite that she wasn't feeling the greatest. If you're a praying person, please remember her in your prayers! She is just the best sister...

Okay, time to greet little Anne...

4 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Hi Della! Have heaps of fun at the wedding and safe travels.....

Marilyn from Canada

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your sister. I just went through R & C together for a rare type of the dreaded C. My verse was Isaiah 26:3. .. Have a great weekend.

God bless



Erika

Anonymous said...

Always think of Cheryl.

Simone

Anonymous said...

Please thank your friends for me, Della! The biopsy results were normal, and I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers! They bring rest, peace and comfort during trials, which I need! Have a wonderful time at the wedding, I know it will be so nice! And greet Sam and Grace for me!
Cheryl