summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 31, 2019

cleaning up! and grandparents day!

So this morning, my chair was the my lazy butt's magnet, but I cleaned up some things first. Sweeping and mopping and laundry and counters and dishes...I have to remind myself that it's good I can move, it's nice I am able to do these things, and that I am home here and have the time to clean up. It's NOT a bad thing. But shh, I don't like cleaning.

(Paul informed me he is having one of our old friends over tomorrow afternoon, when I'm gone. I said he would have clean the house, since it reflects on me, even when I'm not home. He said I would have to do it then. Kidding, of course, but still:))

Ashley came for a little visit, and to drop off Anya's car seat. I also had to drive their van, since ours is STILL in the shop. Anyway...Grandparents' Day was fun!



One of our activities was to color by number this picture...I started right in, and Anya asked, "Gramma, do you even know how to do this?" I answered smugly, "Anya, I went to kindergarten too, I know how to do it..." "Well, Gramma, why did you color the #2 space yellow then? It's supposed to be red." oops. The bell rang right then, signifying the end of that activity. On to the next! I folded it up and put it in my purse, and shh, we forgot all about it.


Lydia came over, and we had ice cream sundaes and some playtime.


So I'm leaving in a little while for my weekend away. How lucky am I? Can you believe my older girls are doing this with me? I miss the other kids when I leave, but I am very very happy to be going...:)

2 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Have a GREAT weekend with your girls!”

Marilyn from Canada

Joybells said...

Ha ha, I have a 4-year-old who doubts my ability to recite the alphabet! Or maybe she just likes the feeling of being able to teach somebody something, instead of always being on the receiving end. "Next time won't you sing with me" and we do. :) LOL. It sure is cute though. Those kids catch on quick, don't they! Nice yellow wings. ;) Enjoy your weekend!!!