summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 10, 2019

when it rains, it pours...



This dark cozy morning, I am sitting here telling a story...Ms. Kathryn is having a baby! Kathryn and Darius got married in February, and are having a baby in December! She has so much morning sickness, but I keep telling her that it's a good thing. But guess what, it's terribly hard to have her so far away. And that sweater and hat, Suzanne crocheted those, in addition to the beautiful dark gray blanket they are laying on.

So two grand babies are on the way, Lord willing. I pray for those babies, and for my kids. I am beginning to see what it was like for my parents back in the day, they would get so concerned about us, about my siblings. (Believe me, I am still so thankful that my parents both passed away before my brother killed himself, how would they have coped with that?). But anyway, NOW I see what they fussed about. I am sorely tempted to be so worried about all of my chickies. But they were conceived in faith, and I can pray for them, hope for them, encourage them, help them as much as I can, then let it go, and trust that God has it all in His hands.

Yesterday, I took the kids out and about for a few hours. Charlotte Claire is having a birthday tomorrow, so I let her pick lunch, she chose Moe's, which is Mexican, with homemade salsas and fresh hot tortilla chips.


We went to Marshall's so Char could pick out a gift...but alas, she didn't find anything. I found a few things though, a cute mirror for Emily's new kitchen, and a white pitcher for her too. (I told her Happy Mother's Day, for helping me with the mothering:))

Next stop, thrift store. I found Land's End sandals, in my size, never worn, for $4.99. I wore them around for five minutes when we got home, and my Princess-And-The-Pea feet protested loudly. Whiny feet, I've got. But woo-hoo, I got this cute little four-wheeler ride on, with lots of beep-beep buttons and engine noises...I replaced the batteries and YES! It works! The grand kids are going to love it! And you better believe the teenage daughters rolled their eyes! Have I ever mentioned that I love toys? (This ride-on was only $2.99! I wiped it down, and it looks brand new!)

We went to Walmart for ant traps, it's the season. Of course a hundred dollars later, we had our ant traps.

I'm excited because we are going to the rec. center pool today, and because Abigail and I have a plan to go to Ollie's Bargain Center tomorrow. My younger kids hate Ollie's. I hate/love it. But they are one of the only places that carries string solar lights, and they're only ten bucks. Ours didn't all last the winter. Strung around the deck railings, it looks magical when it gets dark. And, and outing with Abigail!

It IS Char's birthday tomorrow, and Suzanne is going to do something fun with them, a hike or something...then they'll be a sleepover, and lots of giggling. Then on Sunday, Paul volunteered to "grill some chicken or something if you want to have everyone over..."

I've already received Mother's Day gifts...Paul sent me these berries...

...which was a funny story...my mother-in-law texted me and thanked me for the lovely berries, they arrived still cold and fresh and were yummy....I had no idea what she was speaking of. Then a few hours later, the UPS man came, bringing my new Target tank top dress (What?! It was ten bucks, free delivery!), and a big Sherry's Berries box. Hmmm. Paul sent them!

So of course I waited until lots of kids were here (Suzanne and Sonja, Charlotte and Camille, cousin Danielle, and Abigail), then we cut them up and sampled them, yum.

The older girls got me a huge-0 suitcase for our trip to Norway! It's really lovely, much nicer than the ones I've been eying at the thrift store, ha. It's white with beige trim, very cute.

All right...things to do...

4 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Hi Della! All these grand babies........lucky you 🥰 I won’t be getting any more of those I’m afraid........but I did really enjoy them and still do. My youngest is 19. I love the little hat, jacket an blanket that Suzanne made. It is so lovely and I always love something that someone made for me. That is great some of the girls got you a new suitcase. The new ones are so much lighter that the old ones, and with the weight restrictions now you need a light one. We have a nice day today 20C, but the WIND!!! It feels like 5 😔 You have blossoms already....not here yet. The trees are budding though, so that’s a start!! Have a very happy Mother’s Day............

Marilyn from Canada

Anonymous said...

Ohhh more baby news, how delightful! Big Congratulations to Kathryn!
Simone

terre said...

there is always room for more grandbabies! congrats, grandma della.

Ruth said...

My sister and I are both having grandbabies in December. #2 for me and #1 for her! Busy month!