summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

and: today, the BEACH!!!

Oh yeah, we're going to the beach! It's seriously the best place to live, in central New York state. We are only 25 minutes to a fantastic state park on Lake Ontario. (in the other direction, less than that to Owasco Lake, one of the beautiful Finger Lakes, formed by glaciers).

So today, we are beaching.

Salt potatoes, a regional favorite, a Syracuse area specialty...


One of our other summer favorites: Hoffmans Snappy Grillers, a white hot dog, spicy, so good on the grill.

Last night, we had pork chops, marinated in lime juice, spices, then grilled with Sweet Baby Ray's. They were SO GOOD. Also, leftover salt potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Then, I had a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. One of our local grocery stores sometimes has the Peter Pan peanut butter, 18 ounce jars, for a dollar each. There's nothing quite like opening a new jar, the top scoop is the best. I like the smaller jars because it's always fresh, and we have two Labradors who are always willing to take the empty jar and try to clean it out. They absolutely love peanut butter. Suri hears the top of the jar coming off, and she's off the couch and in the kitchen, all ears and eyes, with the beggy face.

Yesterday afternoon, Lydia and baby Ophelia came over for a bit so Molly and Josh could unpack a bit.

Uncle Jonny loves her!

Lydia is going to the beach with us today, and I volunteered to make her lunch, so I have to get moving. The other girls here will make their own, I already packed them some snacks. I don't eat lunch, but am bringing some pepperoni and cherries, and cashews because sitting at the beach makes me want to eat. I'm thinking to bring a thermos of coffee too...and some cold seltzers. We don't drink soda, except for an occasional Diet Coke, but oh joy, flavored seltzer water is good! Target sells some Good&Gather brand, cherry lime, and cranberry something, so good, and no, I'm not getting paid to say so.

And, we are going camping! We made reservations for a weekend at Lake Ontario, up on the east shore, perfect for watching sunsets! And sandy beaches! Ben and Ashley got a site, and Mariel too. New York state opened up for making reservations yesterday morning at 9, I tried to get a site at our favorite park in the Adirondacks, and couldn't, glitches and such, so we decided to do something different. Different is fun, it'll be nice.

Okay, time to get moving, I mean, I am going to the beach!!!!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

What fun!! Have a great day,!!🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Valerie said...

I am laughing- I thought that was a picture of donut holes, and they looked so delicious! Have a wonderful time camping!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, thank you!
Valerie, donut holes are much better than salt potatoes!

Barbara said...

Uncle Johnny and Ophelia make for a very sweet picture. I love it when teen boys are so tender and sweet to the little ones.