summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 20, 2020

....beach day was glorious...


Lake Ontario, clear, cold, and beautiful.
(That's Benjamin and his little Elise)


Elise and Lydia


Elise, Anya, Lydia...

My kids didn't go with me to the beach this time, they went on a picnic. Lydia and I hitched a ride with Ben and Ashley and Anya and Elise. The water was cold, the sun was hot, and no one wore masks, except for the lifeguards when they were not in the chair. Even the park ranger walked around with his mask dangling from his belt loop.

The warm weather continues, and our pool is in use! Today Paul is going fishing, and I might stay home and have some of the older kids over, maybe a grandchild or two...tomorrow, Father's Day, we are having the whole family over for burgers and a swim...

4 comments:

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh those curls!!!

She probably won't always like them. But I think they are beautiful. Being a mom and a Nana, who always wanted a daughter or grand daughter, with curls. But, it was not to be. -smile-

A great day was had by all!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della........your lake pictures are super!! I’m sure you all had a lovely day..........enjoy tomorrow too. Hey, hey the gang’s all here!! We are BBQ-ing too........tenderloin steaks, twice baked potatoes, mushrooms, corn on the cob and salad and my sister in law is making a dessert!! YUM!! Today we are going out to a campground in a provincial park......near a lake......as my husband’s son and family are out there camping. Taking the dogs, so it will be great! Enjoy your family tomorrow......

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦🇨🇦

Linda M. Conley said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH looks so inviting. smiles. Have a beautiful weekend. Happy Father's Day to your husband.

16 blessings'mom said...

Yes, the curls! Her daddy had a pretty good 'fro in his teen years, and my own dear mother had red curly hair. Elise has the hair! Her mama, my daughter-in-law, and I were just talking yesterday how everywhere she goes, all her life, she's going to get comments on her hair, it's the way it is, and it's lovely. My own red-headed daughter likes to blonde up her curls, lighten it all, and I don't get it. Some people do all they can to stand out, but sometimes they like to blend in, I guess.
Marilyn, your day is going to be fantastic, it's always good when the doggies are welcome. They'll be smiling all the way there, and probably sleeping all the way home.
Linda, Lake Ontario: perfect.