summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 29, 2020

simply gorgeous....absolutely.


We camped just a hop, skip and a jump away from the water, so close that even lazy me didn't mind the walk. It was a bit cloudy and drizzly on Saturday morning, but it cleared up, and all that rain that was forecasted? It never showed up. We think it was because Anya prayed. Sunday was breathtakingly beautiful. This sandy beach on Lake Ontario, the water was clear, you could see your feet when you were up to your waist. So nice! The pups loved it. There's a campers' beach with no lifeguards, so no rules! The dogs could fetch the stick to their hearts' content, along with so many other people's dogs! We brought their tie-out stakes, and when they got tired, they napped in the sand, there was plenty of shade, too.


I took one of Anya, she took one of me.

When we got there, the playground was all covered in orange plastic fencing, closed because of Covid-19. It was SO sad, especially because it was right across from our site, and one of the nicest playgrounds ever.


Well, imagine our surprise and delight when two state park workers started cutting down that orange plastic, and hung up nice new swings! It was AMAZING! Now, I don't personally play on playgrounds much anymore, although I did try out a swing, but the happiness of the grandkids, and the other kids in the park, could fuel a fleet of tanks!

Our campsite wasn't directly on the water, but I could see the lake from our tent, through the woods.



Camille,Danielle, Charlotte Claire, Sonja, and Anya.


Cousin Will (he's a second cousin, but we just say cousin...he's my sister Cheryl's daughters little guy, isn't he cute?) (he came with us, obviously), Benjamin, and Jonny.


Wulf, borrowing he cousin Elise's bike. I think it's hilarious, because his name is Wulf. and a pink bike. Just cute.


Wulf with his dad, Adrian, and with Elise.


Margaret wit Elise and Wulf...

Oh it was a nice weekend! I cooked brekky sausages over the fire yesterday, and we had a real feast on Saturday night, all cooked over the fire, sausages and hot dogs and coneys. The kids had s'mores galore, and we sang some songs around the fire, too.

Now this afternoon, we are all settled in back home, slept in our comfy beds (who am I kidding? I have this huge-0, giant, air mattress, which plugs into an outlet and with the turn of a switch, it inflates, it's knee high. I bring an extension cord, because my van has an electrical outlet. Turn on the van, turn on the bed switch, and voila, a comfy bed that takes up the whole tent!

But we've settled in, so today we are going...strawberry picking, and on a picnic!!!

3 comments:

Joybells said...

Yay for a nice weekend of camping with gorgeous weather!! And special yay for the end of the orange playground fencing. Here in Oregon the playgrounds just opened up about a week ago. It was the best feeling ever to tell my kids we could go to the playground after 3 months of waiting. They are so happy!!

Billie Jo said...

I am so glad to hear you all had a wonderful time!!!!
And so glad the rain was prayed away!
Have a cozy evening with your people.

Tereza said...

PS: Della you look so good in those shorts and tank top!!!