summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

well, I knew that was going to happen...

The pool pump broke. Of course it did! It was too good to be true, that crystal clear pool water! Our pool is always the one that's a little cloudy, not quite there...yet there it was, all sparkling and lovely.

Okay, I'm being dramatic. Paul has taken apart, of course, and epoxied it together. Now it is sitting here next to my chair, in front of a space heater, don't ask why. He's fixing it, and it'll work, probably. It's way better than ordering a new part, and waiting waiting waiting for it to arrive, right? So it's a nice warm day, and the heater is running, oh dear, I am complain-y today.

For the record, I am super thankful that Paul is so helpful with this kind of thing. He doesn't love the pool, but he knows we all do, so he works faithfully to help us keep it running.

Our beach trip was everything I would have hoped for and more. Not a cloud in the sky, not too hot, just right. Emily brought Lydia, Mariel, Ashley with Anya and Elise, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and cousin Danielle (she's staying with us for a while!). I didn't take very many pics, but the water was clear and clean and calm...


Sonja got a bit too much sun...Anya and Lydia, and the three little granddaughters cooling off in the shade, Ashley is always prepared.

Today, Suzanne is coming to visit! She's in town, from California! I'm very excited to see her! I have to get busy, am going to make her a few masks...so off I go.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

So sorry your pool filter broke. Hopefully your husband was able to get it fixed. Your beach pictures look fun. Have a great rest of your week!

Linda Conley said...

I am so jealous of the beach! We were suppose to head over to Sylvan Beach after we left Rochester yesterday and guess what, SOMEONE (not me) took a wrong turn and we ended up in Pittsford. Yep. ANYWAYS--looks like a fun day, my friend. smiles

PS. I hope you get that pool fixed, looks to be another hot one today.

Leslie said...

Sorry about your pool filter! I remember those struggles. We could never quite get the water perfect until the end of the season.
I need the beach!!! maybe tomorrow ~ fingers crossed.

Have a great day. Thanks for visiting.