summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 1, 2020

deck day!!!!

Randomness, numbered.

1. I stayed up way too late last night, reading, "A God in Ruins", by Kate Atkinson. Haven't read it? You are missing out. It's about the life of a boy grown up after the first world war, in a magical place called Fox Corners, in England. He ended up being a pilot during the second war. Here's a passage, since we're being random...


It's a book I've read before, thank you Emily for discovering Kate! But I found it at Ollies for $1.99, and when the library is closed for a pandemic, and you score your favorite paperback for two bucks, well, you buy it! I'm reading it slowly, treasuring it.

2. Today we are finally going to stain the deck. All the stars have to be in alignment, the weather not too humid, not too hot, not rainy, dry for a few days before, and hopefully for a bit afterward. The kids have to be home, so I don't have to do it all by myself, ha. So today, yes, we will go out and paint the deck with semi-transparent stain. (I have happily procrastinated this project, the longer you procrastinate, the better you feel when you finally get it done...)

3. Our pool is not clear yet, it's getting clearer, but ugh.

4. We are getting a deck for our pool! Isn't that good news?

5. I'm tired. I'm not complaining, but when you wake up and your first thought is that maybe you can take a nap later, well, you didn't sleep enough. I never take naps anymore.

6. My coffee is delightful this morning. Ashley bought me a thing of Dunkin coffee, it's really really good.

7. Abigail lives here now, and she works 4 days a week, essential worker, as an accountant in a place that sells food for vending machines. Essential, because...food. Anyway, she's up, she has the day off, and we need to get started...plus, she's chatty in the morning, and I can't concentrate. :)

1 comment:

Michelle in Florida said...

Thanks for the book recommendation, I love stories about in WW2. I've actually never read that one yet. :)