summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 28, 2020

home from Pennsylvania!

The drive was lovely! When I got home, Paul had taken up the carpet in our room, taken apart our bed. I just had to finish the bottom trim, which I did this morning. A few coats of primer, then a nice thick coat of white semi-gloss. Then Camille helped me touch up some spots we had missed on the walls. I got up bright and early to bring Miss Evelyn Joy in to the dental surgeon to have some wisdom teeth pulled. Poor girl. We stopped at Walmart on the way home for the scripts, you know, some antibiotics, pain meds, steriods for swelling...well, Walmart parking lot looked pretty empty. The power was out! Come back later, around noon, we were told by a kid stopping traffic in the parking lot. Well, we moseyed on back in the early afternoon, after doing that painting and having Wulf over for a few hours while Marge had an appointment and Adrian had class...still closed! The power was STILL OUT. So, we called the dr. and had the meds called in to a smaller drug store, then went to the grocery store for some soft food for Evelyn. Pudding, ice cream, yogurt, ect. Home, ah home. For five minutes, then to buy a coffee table from marketplace, which will be a project for winter...maybe leave the top alone and chalk paint the base...hmmm...
The big black square is finding a new home! Home again, ahhh. I hadn't eaten yet, so I had some leftover chicken wings, some leftover sausage, and some peanuts. Now, it's time to get ready for bed, our mattress on our bare wood floor. Tomorrow is a big day: new flooring installed!!! Evelyn and I have to go into the city in the morning to take care of some things, I have to get some nuts and bolts and screws for the new bed frame. We are making butter chicken tomorrow...mmmm. Our trip was fantastic, our long ride to Pennsylvania. Karen is holding up, she remains optimistic, thankful, and happy, despite the suffering of being stuck away from home for months now. Hobie is doing better but still has a long road of recovery ahead of him. Karen is able to visit him in the hospital each day, which is really nice, but it is exhausting for her, although she doesn't complain one single peep. (he was septic and almost lost his life, and his leg, but has recovered, had many surgeries, and is able to walk short distances...) So we had a nice time visiting Karen, catching up, talking, going in the hot tub...a very simple yet special time. I got home to Emily, Abigail, Mariel, Margaret, Adrian, Wulf, Tennyson, and Evelyn visiting, just ready to eat a huge meal of taco salad with all the fixings. I hadn't eaten all day, so it was amazing...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Keeping all in prayer...yes, the colors have pooped all of sudden here. I hope your having a great day, friend.

Billie Jo said...

Wait! You were in Pennsylvania???
And you didn't stop to say Hello?!
LOL
Glad you are home safe and sound, my friend.

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, as I grieve the ending of summer each year, I somehow forget how lovely autumn actually is. I hope the new job is treating you all right!
Billie Jo, yes, guilty! Those mountains with their fall colors are breathtaking!