summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 24, 2020

making progress!

Miss Camille painting the primer onto the door frame, and the door...I told her it's okay to be messy with the primer. She, and Charlotte Claire, finished with their school for the day, so they came to help me. I told them, "If you start feeling tired, just remember that your 55 yr old mother already painted the entire ceiling all by herself." I know, I'm mean. But I am also proud of myself for painting that ceiling. Rolling paint on a ceiling is not fun, but hopping up and down on a chair every few minutes as you drag it around the perimeter doing the edging, that's worse. But oh, a freshly painted ceiling, the joy!
The first few strokes of paint are always so....scary? This looked green, and I thought, oh dear, what have I done NOW?
Then as more went on, it looked less green...I mean, when I chose this color (Silver Strand, S.W.)I thought I was getting a gray color. (now it looks a very soft gray, with blue-ish/greenish hues)
Cam doing primer, Miss Char rolling the walls. I was trimming the walls, up and down on the chair, ugh.
It's getting there! The color in the morning light is much nicer than it looked when it first went on. There are spots we need to touch up, but it's fresh and bright and clean. It's hard for me to cover up that nice wood trim with white paint, and I had mixed feelings about it. My girls were not hearing it, it has to be white, if I'm doing a project, do it all the way, they said. So I am leaving the closet doors for now, but the bathroom door and the bedroom door are painted...need another coat. To me, so much white reminds me of living in an apartment. But it does look nice. The next step is to take the bed out, then rip up the carpeting. Adrian is going to help us install the flooring, thankfully. He's super busy right now, full time engineering student, second year, with a lot of hard classes, and with Margaret just having their second baby (Wulf and Tennyson), he's a busy kid, so I hesitated to ask him. We have to have everything all ready, in place, underlayment down, and then it should only take a few hours. Then, we can put together the new bedframe, and start moving things back in. It is looking like autumn around here...
Have a good happy day!

4 comments:

Rose S. said...

Oh no!! You painted! Everytime you do a project I want to start one! LOL And the hubs hates it!! The last time we did the living room and he said "I am NOT painting again!" And we did! lol

Its looking great! I love the smell of a freshly painted room.. But doing the ceiling, you are one brave woman! I give you credit. And having kids who enjoy working with you and painting, well thats just a double bonus! :)

Enjoy !

Rose

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Thanks for sharing the pictures. It’s coming along and will be so lovely and fresh. It’s going to be like a new room! I would like to redo our place too........I keep saying that, but never move on it 😬 One day that will be it and I’ll start .........and this will be my husband 😳.....🤣🤣 It’s great that you have some helpers.....your kids are so good about helping 👍🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Rose, projects are awful, they start as such a good idea, but when you actually start it, it's like WHAT HAVE I DONE?! Then ahh, the feeling of relief when it's done, and yes, time to start something else. I like the smell of a freshly painted room too. And my kids helping, I never said they enjoy it, ha. They are really good kids though, and they are happy I'm getting a nicer room. I told them they don't have to get me Christmas or birthday presents for the rest of their lives, for helping me, unless they want to, of course.

Marilyn, they are good about it, I try my best to do what I can for them, and they know this.

Michelle said...

Your house looks so nice and cozy!