summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 11, 2020

school!

Off they went on the big yellow bus, Miss Charlotte Claire and Miss Camille Anaya, 9th and 8th graders. Jonathan is homeschooling, and Sonja is in college (mostly online, some in-person classes, commuting from home). So we went from a peak of ten kids leaving for school in the morning to...two. They are going in-person two days a week, then virtual school the other days. I hope it all works out, and everyone stays healthy. I don't so much believe in public education, I do prefer homeschooling, but the kids get to choose, and I fully support what they want to do. I totally get them wanting the social interaction, limited as it might be, that going to school provides. It's a sad day, because I've decided to give up on the pool for the year. Why turn that filter on, skim and clean a pool that's just too cold to enjoy? Our forecast is for nice pleasant days....nice pleasant AUTUMN days. Chilly at night, one night it's going down to 48! Even with a sunny day in the seventies, that water will be ice cubes! Fall will come, whether I like it or not. I have my warm slippers on already! I've been putting pumpkin wax melts in the warmer!
Isn't he cute? Mr. Tennyson Paul, little handful...he wants to eat all day. Ah well, since I am quaranting, I won't be going to get some new flea treatments for the dogs, or some stamps, or some freshly roasted coffee beans today. No sir. Not me.

3 comments:

Michelle in FL said...

I can't believe your youngest girls are so grown up now! I've been reading your blog since Camille was a baby...I guess that makes us officially "old", ha ha! Congrats again on the precious new grandson.

Linda said...

That baby boy is precious and I love his hair, smiles...thank you for sharing. Thank you for sharing your photos and yes, it was nice and cool (and remains so into the evening) today here in the Southern Tier.

Billie Jo said...

Oh that sweet soul!
What a cutie!