summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

a restaurant on the beach? yes, please.

Sorry for being such a New Yorker, but eating outside on the beach, wowza. It was a warm night, and the sunset was stunning. I wasn't adventurous, no sir, I had a medium well grilled burger, with a fried green tomato slice on top, with bacon, and I didn't eat the bun. mmmm good. We shared a slice of key lime pie afterward, oh dear.
We took a drive around the island, there are some sights to behold. There is money here, that's for sure. We played in the waves in the gulf yesterday, was invigorating, the water is warm, and I felt so good afterwards. Right now I'm having my second cup of coffee, looking out at the pool and the gulf...the sky is sunny, and I'll be putting my swimsuit on soon and slathering on the sunscreen.
We met some people down here, from Indiana, Connecticut, Minnesota...everyone is DONE with all the quarantines and restrictions, but life goes on, and we each have to make choices of how to live. What an interesting time we live in.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della............oh my it does look heavenly!! What island are you on? We used to go to Siesta Key on the gulf there. It is so pretty. I know there are some lovely islands along there. Watch for the green flash as the sun goes down!! Enjoy.............

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Susan said...

Well, I see a new face sitting next to grandma, maybe she is one of the new friends you made? The venue looks sooo nice!
♥️♥️♥️Susan

Unknown said...

My daughter goes to college in Florida and I have been visiting her from NY every 3 weeks. People there i gotta mask, and living their lives. It’s not some disease ridden horror land the media would have you believe.
Enjoy your trip & live your life the way you see fit not how Cuomo tells you to!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, we were on Anna Maria Island from Monday until today. Now we are with Gramma in Zephyrhills until tomorrow....back to NY. Susan, that's Patsy, she's Grandma's niece (Patsy dad was Grandma's older brother). She was with us for this trip, in fact she drove us down there, which was so nice. She lives in Lakeland Florida.
Unknown, good for you!!!! You do have to live your life. It almost feels criminal just to vacation. We sat in the hot tub last evening with people from Ohio, Rhode Island, and Indiana, Minnesota the night before, and talked about things: it was unanimous that yes, the virus is real, and it's awful, but we have to live. Some there had to cancel their vacations because of Covid back in March or April, they rescheduled, and there they were, happy to be out in the sunshine, and the warm beautiful nights, no masks at all outside in the pool area, or on the beach, which felt SO NORMAL. It's outside, so it's all good, right!?

Linda said...

nahnahnah....lolol....I loved this trip with you, really I did. I am so over with this shutdown, just saying. Safe travels back, my friend.

Marilyn said...

I looked it up as it sounded familiar and yes I have been there. So beautiful. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed yourselves 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦