summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 22, 2020

it just isn't right!

I watched a video this morning of a business owning man in NYC getting a ticket because he had the doors to his restaurant open, on a warm autumn day. Because of new restrictions in "hot spot" areas, these places cannot have customers inside, but only for pick-up. There were absolutely no customers inside, but the inspector was allowed inside, wasn't he? The proprietor was a Jewish man, and I can't help but wonder if they are being targeted on purpose....in any case, it just isn't right. These days, one cannot speak out about anything without being "canceled". If I agree with Hollywood, then I'm fine, otherwise, I am a racist who doesn't care about old people. I simply don't like to be pegged or pigeonholed. I care about freedom! I don't want to be tracked, traced, or watched. I just want to go about my business, assessing risks and doing what I feel comfortable with. There is so much to learn in life, and if you are only watching news from one source, you are likely getting a distorted view of reality. There are graphs showing the number of deaths in different countries in different years, and guess what? It's not any higher this year than other years. Hunkering down and closing things is NOT helping. Yes, case numbers are rising, and some people are still getting very sick, but doctors and hospitals are dealing with things more efficiently, learning, and there are much better outcomes now than in the beginning. Most people are NOT getting sick, just a positive test. I do understand that there are vulnerable people, who do need to be careful...but we can't just live in fear! I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I have no problems with contrary opinions. I just think truths get buried in political agendas. Local businesses getting fined for masks not worn properly, people being encouraged to report each other in the name of "safety", it's just awful. If YOU don't feel safe, stay home. Isn't that a horrible thing to say? Anyway. I figure I have to get on my soapbox once in a while, because the media portrays conservatives as such outlaws. In reality, I don't want to push my beliefs on anyone, I just want the freedom to have them, and to live according to them. I've swept and mopped and looked around on marketplace for a new sinktop for my bathroom vanity, the blue laminate isn't looking so great anymore. What? When we built this house, it was all the rage! I pondered starting the painting in there today, but I just wasn't feeling it, and wouldn't you know, Wulf called me and asked if he can come visit me! So I'll be making some bacon and eggs, maybe some blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes...Sonja is at class, but the others are doing school work from home and are almost finished...the big bin of Duplos (big, fat Legos!) is out, all ready for Mr. Wulf!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Amen, Della!! Amen!! We do have the freedom to speak our opinions, but look out!! I find the ones who think differently than me, which is their God given right, are in general a lot ruder and mean!! I'm not even talking about the people I know personally.. just look at some of the comments!! Downright scary!! And why???

Anonymous said...

Amen! I feel the exact same way.

Susan said...

Amen Della! So refreshing to read your common sense approach!♥️Susan

Susan said...

Amen Della! So refreshing to read your common sense approach!♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Well isn't this interesting? Everyone had the same thing to say: Amen! And no one could see the other comments, didn't know the others were saying it...so interesting!

Anonymous said...

Now that I saw the other comments, I'll say amen too, ha! I can't imagine living in NY. So grateful to live where I do, in an area where I can come and go as I please, and I don't even wear a mask most of the time, gasp. Watching commercials where they're still at home or in a mask, it is so depressing! Especially the Coke ones and Disney World ones. The masks make them look like zombies, and if you can't see their smiles, you really can't tell if it is the happiest place on earth. I'll stay anonymous today, but I'm here commenting often. You're a champ, Della, for keeping your eyes on Jesus in these crazy times.

16 blessings'mom said...

Anonymous, I get sad when I see the small kids in masks. It shouldn't be normal. What is the cost of this down the road? How are these babies and kids going to learn facial cues, without reassuring smiles or other feedback? My granddaughter is in kindergarten, and to think of her wearing that muzzle all the live long day, so sad. Our local pizza place just got fined because the workers in the back weren't wearing masks while making pizza. Well, they have worked together for days, weeks, months, and years, and if one of them has it, well, come on! , as Sleep Joe would say, a mask wouldn't help anyway. It's unGodly hot back there, and they aren't interacting with customers. It's just wrong that the county is forced to enforce it. The local Dunkin got fined too, one of the girls in the back making the donuts had her mask off, and someone else had it below her nose. I applaud, inside, when I see those little acts of rebellion. I do not think the masking helps. I think social distancing might help, but in the long run, this thing has to run it's course anyway, and if you're vulnerable, stay home. The numbers don't lie, young people have a greater than 99 percent chance of survival, and even in your fifties, it's greater than 97 percent. The WHO released a statement a few months ago that only 6% of the "Covid" deaths were from exclusively Covid. The other 94% were from underlying conditions. Yes, they might have lost some years, and it IS sad, but it isn't Close The Country and Lock People In sad. The fact the nursing home patients and hospital patients have to suffer alone is just horrible. I pray for those people. Can you imagine being in the hospital for a surgery and not having even your spouse be able to visit? Our local county hospital just repealed the visitor policy again, so one can only have ONE visitor if one is giving birth, or has special needs and needs an advocate, is a minor, or is dying. The rest...too bad for them. Pneumonia, or cancer, ...oh well, no visitors, at ALL.

We have a lot to pray for, that God gives wisdom to our leaders, and grants them to be merciful and good.

Heidi DeGroot said...

Follow prvbsthirtyonegirl on Instagram and look for her highlight bubble on using appliance spray paint as a counter refresh. Also use the blog post for more tips: https://proverbs31girl.com/bathroom-refresh/

Lisa said...

I feel exactly the same way. I do not mock others for wearing a mask. I do not force them to remove it because I don't agree with them, nor do I refuse to allow them entry if they are making the CHOICE to wear one. I cannot wear one for medical reasons and I was just asked to leave Target the other day - no exceptions allowed! I completely believe that if someone is that scared of catching covid, they need to stay home. No one should be operating under such fear. I am more scared of the negative reactions I've gotten to not wearing a mask (thankfully, they've been few, but it's hugely stressful to me, waiting for the attack to come) than a fear of catching an illness. I cannot believe this has been going on since March. I cringe when I hear someone make the statement "the new normal" Heck no!!! This will never be ok as a new normal EVER, and yet, where is the end in sight? Normal virus's and colds are going around now that it's fall -regular old colds- and people are acting mortified if they cough or sneeze in public (with the mask on of course). I am all about freedom - I will never think this is ok.