summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 1, 2020

home where he belongs...with coffee!

Mr. Jonathan is home! We picked him up from Oregon yesterday afternoon. Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, Camille and I took a quick jaunt through Aldi first, for important things like cilantro, sour cream, taco seasoning, avocados, and chicken breast. We also stocked up on chocolate, got some unsweetened applesauce (you can slice some fresh apples on top, add a wee bit of sugar and cinnamon, and bake it, mmmm.). It was so good to see Jonny, he's so mature, I can't believe that he turned 16 in April and has traveled by himself across the country!
MMMMM, he brought me some of my favorite coffee beans! So Paul went to the hardware store and got more screws and bolts for the bedframe, some were the right ones, ha. This bedframe, can I just cry for a minute? I should have just gotten a brand new one. This one hasn't been used, but it also didn't come with any instructions, or any hardware. So Paul is a good guesser, and I am a good second guesser, so I was in there all helpful-like, suggesting things, but he actually had it right. The weird thing is that the little inside legs don't actually touch the floor, so we fixed it up, with some replacement tiles and wood blocks, the outer ones look just lovely. I just wanted a NORMAL BED. We cannot just move it now, because the blocks in the middle would be compromised, so it stays put. Also, it has such little clearance from the bottom of the bed to the floor, it's so low. I should have turned around and ran when I saw the pile of pieces that the lady sold me, ha. It is together now, but the bolts on the footboard are wrong, so it looks all out of kilter, but it didn't collapse last night, and it was comfy...but then why wouldn't it be, with a sleep number mattress, then two memory foam mattresses, a padded mattress cover, and fresh new sheets? My room does look 99% better than it did last week. No more green carpet, and all the clutter moved out. Now we have to work on not letting it back IN. When you see those lovely pinterest pics of master bedrooms, where are the laundry baskets, the guitars, the hunting boots? Where are the big fat polka-dot bathrobes that do not go with the decor of the room? The sweaters and jackets that drape across dressers? hmmm? I bought over-the-door hooks but the door wouldn't close, so they're in a hall closet. Ah well. And does anyone else have this problem? You work on one room, and the whole rest of the house goes to heck in a handbasket? I cannot.cannot.keep up with it all. There is still a huge-0 stack of boxes and wrappers from the flooring here in the living room. Today, we'll get it cleaned up. maybe.
Our power went out of a half hour or so last evening, and it was fun. We lit candles and were all settled in for some cozy, then the lights turned back on! It's a beautiful autumn day...I hope to get outside for a bit and forget about all these indoor projects!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della πŸ‘‹ You have been one busy lady.........that’s such a shame about the bed bolt problems 😬 but you seem to have it under control and it sounds like usual had a great sleep in it! 😴😴 Did you get a new bedspread? I will be looking forward to some pictures. Sunny is a sweetie pie πŸΎπŸ’“πŸΎ

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Linda said...

I hope you have a beautiful day, friend...indeed, it is nice out; 57* and brisk out. Heading into work soon. smiles

Michelle said...

You crack me up! :) And did someone draw eyebrows on the dog? πŸ˜‚

Shirley in Washington said...

I noticed the dog's dramatic eyebrows also! I love hearing about your home projects, not only are your descriptions fun but it sounds like our DIY projects! Blessings, Shirley

16 blessings'mom said...

Sunny did indeed have eyebrow enhancement, thanks to Miss Charlotte Claire, with a washable marker. She looks just hilarious.