summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 8, 2020

and....after!!!!!!!

I know, I know, these were posted yesterday...
I wish I took "before" pics specifically of the handles. I just wiped them down, put them in a cardboard box, brought them out onto the deck after the rain stopped, and spray painted them with black spray paint I got at the dollar store a few years ago. It took two minutes, brought the box back in, set it safely on the table in case it rained again, and today put them back on. I used Jonny's impact drill to take them off and put them on, I felt like a real do-it-yourselfer. See who thinks she owns this bed?
She brought her ball, in case I wanted to play instead of take "after" pictures.
All these pictures, and I didn't even think of shining up the mirror. It's an old dresser. There are dings and chips, and the drawers are very persnickety. They squeak and squawk and like to close crookedly. I felt bad covering up her wood, but I don't have the skill...or the patience, ha, to sand and restore. Plus, doing a lot of sanding in my new room, nah, or worse, the thought of using chemical strippers with that new flooring...with me being such a supremely neat and careful worker, not. The dresser is extremely heavy, and with our weather right now, it wasn't going to be dragged outside. Heck, I didn't even take the drawers out to paint it. I just pulled them out a little, and was careful not to paint my clothes. A light sanding, two coats of primer, two coats of chalk paint, and two coats of wax. Easy peasy. Hmmm....what's next?! Margaret and Adrian and Wulf and baby Tennyson are coming over for a visit! Wulf can talk so well now, he asked me if he could come over. The he said, "Gramma, you can make me cookies." Well. How can I NOT????

4 comments:

Linda said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!! (squealing) Have a great day, Della.

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you!!! It's not perfect, but such an improvement!

Susan said...

You did a wonderful job on the dresser, once again you have impressed me Della! ♥️Susan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful 😍
Valerie