summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 2, 2020

I just LOVE a good before and after...

I found a whole box of new outlet plug covers, but they were off-white, and with the white trim, nah. I thought I might splurge and buy some white ones, then I had an AH-HA, and yes, black spray paint!!!
Yesterday, I spray painted a lamp that was lime green, and the register covers from my room, which were like a brownish putty color.
(I forgot the "before" pic!) Here's the lamp, didn't get a "before" pic, but the stem and base of the lamp globe were lime green...
So I didn't take a complete "before" pic of the bedroom either, but these will jog your memory of the hideous carpet, the dark walls...
Now, it's not totally done, still have a bit of things here and there, but:
Isn't that bed nice!!!?
And the new floor!!!! I LOVE it! I'm still in the market for some fixer-upper night stands,and lamps, and the bench will probably be moved to the foot of the bed. The closet doors are still brown, wood, but I might leave them like that. And lest you think more highly of our room than you should, here's the wall facing the bed:
You see old dressers, I see projects. And that is MY sweater draped on there, the taller dresser is Paul's, he's had it since childhood. It's too big for the space, and the door doesn't open all the way, but that dresser had been on my side of the bed since we moved in, and dang it, I want a little table with a lamp. He's open for getting something smaller, but I don't want to give up my mammoth mirrored dresser, I like it. Stripped with clear varnish, or chalk painted, or just the way it is, maybe with the drawers closed all the way...it's fussy, it doesn't like the drawers closed right. And yes, that is Paul's bow in it's case there in front of it.
Suri was suspicious of the spray paint, but she's black enough. She doesn't much like getting her picture taken either.
Sunny...hogging Sonja's bed.
Autumn table, and out the back window... Molly came over to visit yesterday with kindergartener Lydia, and baby Ophelia. I didn't think to get any pics, amidst the hugs and cuddling and getting out toys for Lydia, and getting her a snack, and making coffee, and getting dinner into the oven (marinated chicken (vinegar, Montreal chicken seasoning, olive oil, ground pepper), brussel sprouts, cubed potatoes, baby carrots, salted and peppered and olive oiled, roasted, mmmm!)(I love the "throw it in the oven" cooking instead of grilling everything, although believe me, that will change!) My next project...maybe my bathroom, maybe the dressers, maybe the coffee table, maybe the end tables I haven't bought yet...

9 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Genius idea!!!!
Looks great!
Have a cozy weekend, my friend!

Cheryl said...

The floor looks awesome! We yanked the carpet out of ours and laid down flooring too. When it gets dusty, I just swiffer it!
Do you close your pool in the fall?

Kanadiangirl said...

Mrs. Della, you are nothing short of amazing! I love reading of your projects! Your humour! Your honesty! Your candidness! Please keep writing for poor me who has none of those qualities!

Marilyn said...

Della you have more energy than a barrel of monkeys 🐒 Your bedroom looks lovely! Keep going girl..........you are on a roll...😊 Meanwhile, I’m sitting here in MY comfy chair drinking coffee when there are a million things to do. Have a great day 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Billie Jo, it IS a cozy weekend, I love it! I found some really nice candles in mini mason jars in the grocery store for a dollar, and well, one can never have too many candles! I always felt rather wasteful actually LIGHTING them, but now, life is short, and I have a LOT of candles! Cheryl, the swiffer is a good idea! It's so much nicer than the carpet was!
You guys are too kind, and I absolutely love getting comments. It's like having a mini conversation with my friends.

Anonymous said...

Do you mind telling me what flooring you chose? I really that it has a mixture of colors and is fairly light. Our laminate flooring is a very dark brown, almost espresso, and it just shows every speck of dust, lint, and yard debris tracked in by the dog.

Laurie in California

16 blessings'mom said...

Laurie, it's from Lowe's, Allen&roth, $1.49 a sq foot laminate, water resistant. I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

One more question: What is the color name of the flooring?

Laurie in California

16 blessings'mom said...

Urbanite Oak, just google it and it'll come up. I really really like it.