summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 6, 2022

....just really quick...

 I'm heading to the pool soon, it's hard to keep going, as other things want to infringe...this morning, Kathryn is going to the airport to pick up her husband, who went back home to Oregon to work.  Yes, Kathryn and Achilles and Rhys are still here, they might move here, but it's dependent on a few things that aren't worked out yet.  

Abigail and I are going out and about to get some important things for this weekend's church conference, after I get back from the pool, and Kathryn gets back from the airport, as I will be keeping the kids while she's gone.

On Monday, Camille and I have to drive up to Oswego to be Covid tested, so no pool...then Wednesday is the big day, her knee surgery, so...no pool.  It's a big surgery, especially for Camille, who happens to be a baby, ha, my baby, never mind that she's 14 now.  She had to get bloodwork last week, and oh my goodness, she wasn't up for it.  I wasn't either, as I had to stand there encouraging her, trying not to get lightheaded myself.  I have distinct memories of being how old she is now, and going with my own dear late mother's chemo infusion, and the world tipped sideways while that medicine went into the vein in my mother's hand.  

Anyway.  I'm the adult now, the mommy, and I have to bear these things that make me woozy.  Camille is having a cadaver tendon placed into her leg to hold that knee into place, that knee that has dislocated three times now.  

My own knee dislocated back when I was her age, and let me tell you, I'd rather give birth in the middle of the road with no meds (most of mine I didn't have any pain meds anyway, that's how we did things "back then"), than have that happen again.

In any case, today is a gift, as each day is, whether it is a challenging day or a relaxing day, so I shall be thankful....

5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Your last sentence. Sums it all up, my friend. Hugs from my rainy and cozy home.

Terri D said...

Absolutely right with that last sentence!!

Betty said...

Sending prayers for healing

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Anne H

16 blessings'mom said...

Billie Jo, hugs back to you...late in answering comments, I bet it's not rainy anymore...sunshine!
Terri, yes! (We're getting a taste of Florida weather this week, sunny every day!)
Betty, thank you!
Anne, that means so much to me, thank you!