summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 29, 2022

a picnic!

 

Brownie bites with buttercream frosting...
and little yellow cupcakes...
I baked the cupcakes on Friday with Anya and Elise, then the brownies last night.  Yesterday Paul and I painted for four hours at the house we are fixing up for Sam.  Then we stopped over at Margaret and Adrians for some Tennyson and Wulf hugs, and Paul took Wulf off on a bike ride...Paul jogged, Wulf rode.  I sat and visited with Evelyn, and Suzanne who was visiting, and with Margaret, who graced me with an iced coffee, and an ice cold seltzer.  It was a pleasant visit in the sunshine of their back deck.  I mentioned that I still had to frost those cupcakes..and Margaret exclaimed, "That's the best part, so fun!"

She's right, it IS fun, it helped my outlook.

By the time Paul and I got home, I was ready to sit and put my feet up, but nope, I want to get the cabinets finished and off my kitchen table, so one nice coat of gray, and I think they're done.  Now just to put the hardware, hinges, handles back on, doors back on, and phew.  

Paul made us dinner:  bacon, and scrambled eggs with red, orange, green peppers and onions, cheddar cheese, heavy cream...fantastic, especially as it was my first and only meal of the day.  I also had Ezekial toast with raspberry jam, oh so yummy.  

I'm sitting here blogging, while my mind is running this little list of things I should be doing, like when the news is on and there's the annoying headlines running constantly along the bottom.  We're going to have a baby blessing, and a picnic at church today.  We're all bringing different things, there'll be pulled pork and coleslaw, and watermelon and and and...that's what the desserts are for.  

Joy, this is what I was referring to.  Actual TSP is quite strong, toxic, so I chose this.  I think on a nice wood piece you would want to sand too.  My niece Susan has been refinishing beautiful antique furniture she finds on marketplace with oven cleaner!  
Anyway, here's Miss Surry this morning...she likes lying on the deck.  She's more chill than Sunny is, she probably wouldn't even bark at people if Sunny didn't.
That springtime morning light!



And Sunny Dum-Dums.  I'm guessing Miss Charlotte Claire got the marker out again.  

Ah well.  Have a nice day, hope your weather is as pleasant as ours is forecast to be...sunny and hot!  Thankfully we have a pool at our church!


5 comments:

Joybells said...

Thanks Della! Guess I don't completely get out of sanding, LOL. The cupcakes look so good!!

Terri D said...

A pool at your church?!! Whoa! I've never seen that before but way cool! The cupcakes look delicious! Have a blessed week ahead!! xo

Unknown said...

Hi Della! I hope the church picnic was good! I’m sure it was really good. Your cupcakes and brownies look fabulous too…..of course they do 🥰 Plants looks good too. We have very peculiar weather going on here 😳 Sunny, but cool breeze and only 14C at the moment at noon!!! We’ve had storms too. Come on summer!! I think our Mother Nature in a snit about something over here.

Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Joy, if you follow my sister's daughter Susan on Instagram, she finishes things from Marketplace with oven cleaner. I think it takes several cans, but the furniture comes out beautiful! I think the cupcakes were good, they were gone fast!
Terri, we live near the conference center for our church, so churches from all around come to gather there for different weekends, and a week long conference in the summer. So there are two unground pools, a basketball court, sand volleyball, a gym, and three playground areas.
Marilyn, we've got a nice day again here, wish you could snap your fingers and be here with me to enjoy it, sunshine and 88!

Melanie said...

Hi, Della What a lovely family you have! I'm so glad to meet you here and that you visited my blog. The cupcakes look yummy! I've got a couple pieces of furniture that I would like to refurbish. It sounds like you are very busy around your place! Have a blessed day.