summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 2, 2022

leaving on a jet plane NOT!

 Well, life is stranger than fiction, isn't it?  Sometimes plans just get turned upside down, and this fine morning, I am not headed to the airport with Miss Suze to go visit Kathryn and Darius, because Kathryn didn't get on the plane!  On the way to the airport, they decided that Darius would go back, he had work to do, but that Kathryn and the little ones would stay longer...they don't get to visit often, and were having such a nice time, and they are thinking of maybe just moving back here...possibly...so, they stayed!

That meant cancelling our flights too, which I shouldn't have done, since I got absolutely no refund or vouchers...I should have waited to see if they perchance canceled the flight, but oh well, live and don't learn.  

Anyway, they're still here, and it's still so nice to have them!  Far-away grandchildren:  too sad.

So in no particular order, a small smattering of pics because I have to hurry out of the comfy chair to get to water aerobics, which I don't have to miss after all!

Baby Rhys Harper...
Paul...we went to taste some local beers the other night with...
Miss Evelyn Joy...
...and Miss Sonja K.
It's not a palace, but it is a gathering place, our home...Jon had a few friends over for his birthday...they were playing a card game.
Evelyn holding a tired Tennyson...
I stole this picture that Margaret took of Miss Camille Anaya...at our soccer practice at church, Cam was serving the iced coffee....we had a hot dog cookout...
I agree with Emily on this one...she is with Mariel on a trip to Yosemite...
They're so lovely.
Jonathan, Darius, Charlotte Claire, Kathryn holding Achilles, Camille, and me with Rhys...

The days are busy...today we're going to Target after the pool, then tomorrow is Sonja's 20th birthday, which I don't have to miss!  I think I'll make homemade chicken pot pie...

Off I go!  Have a good day!  


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning Della! 🌞🌞🌞

We’ll that’s a quick change in plans, but so lovely too! You would be over the moon if they moved back to NY! All those little grands nice and close…………..and of course the mummy and daddy too 🥰🥰 Your house is such a gathering place for sure. I guess you’ll have some birthday gatherings in the next few days. Enjoy!!

I off to grab a few groceries too!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Betty said...

Happy for you enjoying family time. Love your husbands hoodie��

Terri D said...

How great if they move back!! Nice to stay home and keep enjoying the little ones!! Super!! xo

Anonymous said...

Haha I'm looking at Paul's sweatshirt. Too funny. Glad for your change of plans, you don't blog as much when you are traveling:)
Valerie