summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

oh the sunshine-y niceness...

 

Cayuga Lake....so absolutely beautiful.

(This is from the other day, five of my daughters...Mariel Joy, Abigail Marie, Sonja K., Emily Anne, and Evelyn Joy)
Mariel, me, Molly Rose
It was a glorious day to be outside, and the Finger Lakes area is lovely.  We stopped at a few wineries, I only had a few tiny little sips, oh why does it have to be so yummy?  Just being with my girls though, and laughing about life, encouraging each other, catching up...what a blessing.  It's extra nice when your daughters actually invite you, I didn't invite myself this time ha.

My cabinet is almost finished, but the new handles are just a tiny bit off, we have to drill new holes.  I still have the vanity to start on, I need more paint.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a workshop instead of using the kitchen/dining room table?   Oh yeah, a workshop, a sewing room...but then to counter-act all that wanting, I can be thankful for what I have.   

Paul rototiller the garden yesterday, and Sonja helped him put the plants in, while I was at Activity Club.  Emily brought finger painting stuff, oh they loved that.  Elise brought a paint brush so she didn't have to use her hands, which I thought was cute, she's a very neat little girl, and a good painter, too.  They played on the playground too, it was a beautiful evening.

Home, ahh home.  I put a coat of paint on the cabinet, then ahh, my comfy chair.

This fine morning, the pool!  Then I do have some more flowers to plant, and Kathryn wants to go to the greenhouse to get a few plants, Sonja has to renew her passport, who knows what I'll end up doing.  

In other news, not that I like bringing the awful and sad world news to the blog, but another shooting...those poor little kids, those poor families and the whole community down in Texas.  I'm not convinced it's the gun laws, but maybe a mental health crisis...not that I want a debate.  But I do think that the last few years have challenged many people.   Isolation, being blamed for normal behavior like getting together, more isolation, now inflation...it's heart wrenching.

It seems that it won't be too long before Jesus comes back, I am thankful there's something better, that I have a living hope in eternity.  


2 comments:

joeks said...

It's been cool/cold and rainy for a few days here in the middle of the country. Grateful for the moisture, but could do without the cold. Ah well, soon we'll complain that it's too hot!
Yes, that blessed living hope is what gets us through!

Terri D said...

I enjoyed your post and catching up. What fun you have with your girls! I agree with you about the promise of Jesus coming back! I'm ready! Peace & hugs!