summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 6, 2022

being busy but oh so lazy!

 

This is after one coat of the blue-gray...
Before, just with a few coats of primer....  

My kitchen table, wah!  But those cabinet doors are from all different cabinets:  some are original to the house, and are upper cabinets, worth saving, they were oak painted brown, ugh.  One is an oak one we found on marketplace, and the base cabinet is brand new, unfinished.  There are more at the house that have been primed and need to be painted, and these need another coat.  When they're all finished, hopefully they'll look like they actually match.  

I don't mind though, I like painting.  (These are some of the cabinet fronts for the house Sam will be moving into.). It's satisfying to renovate as much as possible, instead of just getting all new stuff.  The previous tenants of the house just trashed it.   The bottom cabinets had holes in them, and were so filthy.  The walls and doors and even ceilings of the house were disgusting.   They threw trash in the back yard, and over the fence.    The house has will have all new flooring, newly sheet-rocked walls, and ceilings, and fresh paint.  It's a lot of work!

The pool cover is off, and the water is nice and clear.  It's only half full though, so the hose is on.  It needs some parts, which Paul ordered a while ago, but guess what?  We cannot find the parts.  Anywhere.  We've looked high and low, but no dice.  We are fully aware that as soon as he orders more, they'll appear.  It's going to hold up the opening of the pool, ugh.

This is from an old blog post, Miss Suzanne when she was younger.  Cute, or what?

Ruth is up from her nap, she needs something to eat.  She's a busy one.  Sam is at a seminar for his upcoming employment, so I'm watching baby.  She got so fussy, I decided to give her a bath, which she loved...clean clothes, a bottle, and I rocked her to sleep.  She took a nice nap, while I painted the cabinet fronts.  

Tonight is an awards ceremony at school and Miss Charlotte Claire got an award, so we are invited.  

Hmm...what else is going on?  I baked a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday.   I gave some to Ben, some to Kathryn, some the girls sold at church for their coffee stand, and Sonja brought some to her classmates in her pharmacology class.  

I didn't get to go to water aerobics this fine morning because I had little Ruth.  I didn't much like missing it, but I certainly didn't mind having baby girl for a bit.   

Right now it's time to go put some pork chops on the grill, they've been marinating in lime juice and pepper, with some other spices and seasonings, mmm.  


2 comments:

Valerie said...

That note was too cute 😂 I certainly wouldn't call you lazy! I've had a busy day, but am thankful that is rare. Hope your pool supplies get here!

~Pam~ said...

That is a cute note! You are far from lazy! I so enjoy hearing about your life and seeing all the pics. I was at the hospital all day yesterday, another grandbaby! I posted a pic on my blog. Have a good week. xoxo