summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 2, 2022

grandchildren....

 ...Sam is in town!  He drove up from Virginia yesterday with his ten month old, Ruth Eleanor.  She's a sweetie.  



He drove all that way, like seven hours, and she was so good!  He took her out of her carseat and handed her to me, I thought she'd cry...but she smiled at me!

Sam had a job interview today.  I had an appointment 30 miles away for Miss Cam.  She got her stitches out, and got permission to shower in three days.  That seemed random to me, but what do I know?  She cannot go swimming for another six weeks, dang.  She has to keep the immobilizer brace on and can now begin to put a little weight on the foot, goes back in in two weeks.  

We had to drive Abigail to pick up her car, we stopped at the grocery store for just a few sale items and cherries, love fresh cherries.  Then to pick up Miss Char, she was mowing the lawn for Emily, then home, ah home.  I put a pork loin roast in the instant with lime juice, brown sugar, minced onions, and lots of spices.  We'll have pulled pork nachos tonight.

Sam is with Paul at Lowes, they took Ruth too.  They're getting some more primer, and some cabinets for the house we're fixing up.

The girls are rewatching Stranger Things.  So here I am, not concentrating on what I'm writing....which brings me to the question, is a crappy blog post better than none at all?  hmmm.

Kathryn came over with Achilles and Rhys today.  It's SO nice to have her so close by!!!!  

Ah well...Paul's home with Samuel and Ruth...dinner time!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it's worth it! Yours is the only blog I read anymore 😂
Valerie

~Pam~ said...

oh my goodness, Ruth is so cute, just precious!! I just love reading all about your family!!
xo

Cheryl said...

Those eyelashes!! Ruth is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Yes worth it! Also you’re the only blog I read :-) you are real and authentic!
Lessons from Orlando Florida
Darla

Kanadiangirl said...

Me, too. Love, love, love Della's blog. And it has no ads!! You literally can't read anyone else's blog due to all the ads.

Unknown said...

Hi there Della!

You are busy as usual, but that’s what keeps you young and vibrant!! Baby Ruth is such a dolly!! Oh my……and look at her eyelashes!! Such a beautiful baby girl. You will have almost your whole brood of chicks pretty close now! That will keep on your toes for sure.

Enjoy the weekend 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

You guys are so kind. Yes, the little ones keep me on my toes, we had a few years here between Camille growing out of toddlerhood to the grandkids started coming where we could leave a drink unattended on the coffee table, ha.
Thank you for the kind words.

Anonymous said...

I know right?! V