summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 18, 2022

vacation speeds by, despite our best efforts to slow down time...

 

Is there anything lovelier than a sunset on Lake Ontario?  
I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm the griller.  I don't really mind, especially when the girls come out to keep my company, and steak, how can anyone complain about grilling steak?
Just so breathtaking...
Our afternoon repast...
Miss Cam getting some sun, there was a nice breeze off the lake.  She undid the brace and relaxed.
They discovered you can toast baguette slices with brie, prosciutto, and add some honey...
,

Watching the sunset...
A cozy kitchen...
A cozy living room...
Miss Cozy herself, Camille Anaya...
Hopscotch, Sonja K.
Camille tries it...

Evelyn, Abigail, Camille, Sonja, Mariel, Emily...Miss Charlotte Claire and Paul weren't with us, Char had a NY state test, and we're less than an hour from home, so he got up yesterday morning and drove her there.  It was awful:  she thought the test started at 9:15...a nice lady from the school called me at 8:07, where was Charlotte?  The test started at 8:00!  oops, dang.  The nice lady assured me it would be fine if she was late, and to drive carefully...Charlotte was a mess, oh the pressure!  She had a second Regent's exam later in the day, too.  She didn't have time to finish the essay, hopefully she still gets a good grade.  But if not, she can take it again in August, or next year.
Miss Cam, such a good sport.  We went to the beach the other day, there were a few trees so some nice shade for her.  She can't go swimming yet, obviously, and has to start physical therapy soon...

So yes, it's gone by too fast, and we've had too much fun.  Everyone is waking up now, we have to clean the place up and pack up and go home....Sam and Grace and Grant and Ruth are at the house, so yay, it'll be nice to get home.  I haven't seen Grant in way way too long, and now that he'll be living nearby, I'll get to see him all the time, and I am extremely thankful for that.  

Ah well....the lake is angry today, so cozy in here...windy and wavy and loud....lovely.

5 comments:

Betty said...

Nothing like NY in summer so many memories of rail city as a child, Westcott beach in our teens and my husband and I spent 8 summers in Henderson area with our rv. Sweltering in our Florida summer so your photos of the lake were enjoyed. Safe travels as you head home and enjoy those grands!

Betty said...

Nothing like NY in summer so many memories of rail city as a child, Westcott beach in our teens and my husband and I spent 8 summers in Henderson area with our rv. Sweltering in our Florida summer so your photos of the lake were enjoyed. Safe travels as you head home and enjoy those grands!

16 blessings'mom said...

Betty, I love Lake Ontario. We had a camp between Southwick beach and Westcott beach when I was young. Before that, we camped at both those places, and in the Adirondacks. Next week, Westcott beach, we got a site on the water! My son just moved from California to Phoenix, it was 108 there yesterday...I'll take New York any day of the week!

Mari said...

It looks like such a fun vacation! Beautiful scenery and time with family. :)

Linda said...

Looks like such a lovely time, grin. I hope you have a beautiful week ahead. smiles