summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 4, 2022

parade!

 

A nice lady walking by offered to take the picture!  Evelyn Joy, Camille Anaya, me, Paul, Darius, Samuel, Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, Kathryn Grace, then the babies in front:  Achilles and Rhys, and Ruth...at the parade!


Some of the candy thrown to us...


After the parade, ice cream!  Miss Camille with a "small" chocolate with chocolate sprinkles!
Just an old car in the parade.
Achilles and Rhys
Achilles, Rhys, and Ruth

Cousins!  Ruth and Rhys!  
Darius and Kathryn and their kiddos...

This fine morning, we drove up to a small city on Lake Ontario, and helped Miss Evelyn move into her own apartment.  She had been living with Margaret and Adrian, but it was time for her own place.  It's a really nice place.  We then went to the house we are renovating, and phew, painted for almost six hours.  I painted trim and doors and more trim.  Sam was there, but had Ruth, who wanted to crawl around and couldn't.  We brought her playpen, and stroller, but you know how babies are, you want to get some thing done?  HA, they say!  

Home, ahh home.  I painted all those hours without sitting down once.  By the time I got into the truck for the ride home, wow.  Paul so nicely suggested we order pizza, yay!  I only ate a sliver of a slice, and a few wings because I had some of the beef leftover from last night (last night Instant with chuck roast of beef with carrots, onions, potatoes, and gravy packets, mmm!). Before you think me too virtuous:  I ate like twenty Hershey kisses, then some Hershey Twizzlers.  I know, chocolate licorice!  Do not buy it, it's too good!  I got it at the dollar store, and mmm yummy.  

Anyway, it was a DAY.  busy busy.  I still have cabinet doors and a below-the-sink cabinet on my kitchen table, all primed with two coats, ready to be painted.  

Camille is trying to buy nail polish on Amazon...bye!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning! The parade would be fun! That ice cream is huge for small,! What was large like I wonder. You have been a busy couple getting that house ready for Sam and his family 🥰 I’m sure they appreciate it too.

Have a lovely day Della 🌞🌞

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

(((Grinning))) Thanks Della, hope you have a beautiful day friend.

~Pam~ said...

Hi Della, happy Sunday! So enjoyed your pics!! Beautiful family. You are making me feel tired with all of the painting. LOL
Take care!! xo