summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 25, 2022

a busy day in a busy life...

 Now this fine morning, we had to get out the door before nine...so I washed up a few dishes, put some chlorine tabs in the pool basket, turned on the filter, picked some tomatoes from the garden, and off we went...Miss Charlotte Claire, and I.  She had to have a back-to-school dr. appointment, check up.  

I was nice and let her drive most of the way home, after we left the city, I pulled over and let her have a turn.  She did fine, and I almost relaxed.

Home, for half hour, then off to physical therapy for Miss Camille...then to the pharmacy for a 'script, then...Kathryn was texting me about a stroller for sale.  She is expecting #3 (not sure if I mentioned that on here yet!  We are SO excited, this is the first baby of theirs that will be born here, and not all the way on the west coast!  So, we will get to hold and rock and take care of and help with, to our hearts' content!).  Anyway, she had decided on a stroller...she wanted a Baby Jogger front-to-back double, with a rider board for Achilles, and a bassinet to use when the new baby is small.  She found one in a small city not too far away, I volunteered to go with her to see if it was in good condition.  Well, it really was!  It was a decent price, but the guy said it was five years old, and the date on it proved him wrong, it was eight years old.  It's very decent though, solid, and clean, and what she wanted, and much much cheaper than brand new.

Then, home again...and here I sit...I need to get busy again, make some dinner..

Yesterday though, did I tell you about yesterday?  Pool party for Miss Lydia Eleanor, I don't have any pool pics, but it was oh, so fun!  Mariel just happened to have the day off, and Evelyn came for a bit...the water was cool but refreshing.  

Rhys Harper, Kathryn's little one...
Grant!
Lydia was proud she could blow up the balloons. With Achilles, and Sonja in the background holding Ruth...
Camille holding Rhys, Kathryn, Sonja with Ruth, Grace, and Lydia and Achilles in front, with pink and green balloons...
...and Grant in this pic!
Lydia was so excited!
Smells good!
A pile of presents!
In the evening, after the birthday party, after I made panfried chicken breast cutlets with rice and fresh salsa from garden tomatoes, we had more company!  Mariel came over again (with Camille in this pic)
Margaret and Sonja singing karaoke...  We had lots of girls over, for a fun evening with popcorn, charcuterie, Mariel's zucchini bread...phew.

Ah well...busy is good.  Tomorrow, shopping for Saturday's workers' lunch and dinner meals...

And...guess what?  Paul is traveling for work again, and next week:  Budapest, Hungary!  Isn't that interesting?  He's rather excited, I kind of wish I were going too...but what on earth would I do all day while he worked?  


No comments: