summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

so...

 

Paul wore this shirt in high school!  That was more than a few years ago!  He's so funny.
After our day at the beach, washing the sandy towels and putting things away, I got hot again, and ahhh, into the pool I went.  Sonja joined me, then Miss Cam came out to the pool deck, wondering if we were going to Target, like I had suggested before...we NEEDED dog chow, oops, totally ran out, and who wants to go to the Dollar General, when they've got three daughters who LOVE Targeting?  Off we went...Charlotte Claire also needed some school supplies, as she starts 11th grade next week...  (That's Camille, Char, and Sonja K.) (Sonja just started third year of college, second year of nursing school yesterday, and was pleased to go out and about).

Lydia Eleanor, one of my granddaughters.
Ophelia Rose, Lyd's little sister.
Cousins, Achilles and Grant...

Ophelia and Lydia


Lake Ontario...so lovely.

I didn't get pics of Rhys or Ruth, but they were there too, with Kathryn, and Grace.  So six grandchildren, four daughters, and one daughter-in-law, at the beach, so much fun.  

This fine day, PT for Camille, then who knows?  The girls are switching bedrooms around, so there's no end to things I could be busy with.  

This coming weekend is going to be super busy.  There's a youth conference at church, with kids coming from all over the place, and I'll be helping in the kitchen.  

Have I mentioned that Abigail is moving to Delaware?  She has been visiting there a lot because she started her own accounting business, then was hired to do the accounting for some companies that are based there, she has lots of friends there, so it makes sense.  It makes sense, but to be totally honest, it's sad for me.  She's one of my best friends, love having her around, but of course I'm happy for her.  

You know what I long for?  A dark rainy day with a good book.  Dark and really pouring, not one of those quick storms where the sun comes out and ruins all the nice darkness.  The kind of day where you look on the weather radar, and YES, endless green, covering the entire area.  The kind of day where no one else is around, no one needs anything from you, and you have hot coffee and a good book.  We have a metal roof, so rain sounds delicious.  

We might get some rain today, and maybe I'll find a good book...hmm, maybe Camille and I can sneak off to the library after PT....


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want rain! We're building on to our house and this week is critical to getting walls and trusses up! In a few weeks we'll be ready for a good rainy day:)
Valerie

Michelle in FL said...

I love dark rainy days + a good book and coffee too!

Anonymous said...

I also love a rainy day with a good book! I don’t feel as guilty if it’s raining out.
Blessings, Darla from Florida

Terri D said...

Our rains usually last, maybe, 20 minutes. Close the blinds and pretend!! You deserve a day with nothing to do but get lost in a book. Loved the photos! xo

Anonymous said...

I'm at consideritdonevalerie.wordpress.com
but I haven't been writing much about the new build. We hope to be weather ready (still empty inside) by Thanksgiving. Then he can work on the inside for another year. Maybe less. So far we have had gorgeous weather for building!
Valerie

Shirley in Washington said...

Beautiful beach photos! We have had a record breaking, hot summer in the PNW. Good for the garden especially the tomatoes. But I think I am ready for some cooler days and maybe even some rain. Blessings, Shirley