summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 12, 2022

a day with friends...

 

Gloria, Mariel (my daughter), me, Emily (daughter), and Roxy...







Cayuga Lake...
Seneca Lake...it was chilly, but we sat outside for a bit, overlooking the vineyard and the lake...so gorgeous.  We had too much fun together, we laughed and told stories and opened our hearts to one another, without judging...we all have trials here on this earth, but when we can encourage each other and lift one another up, in faith, that God sends things for our very best, and that we're not alone in our sufferings...we become knit together, and it's amazing.  

We started our day at Emily and Mariel's house with brunch:  two kinds of quiche, bacon which oops, under the broiler to crisp up and scorched!, banana muffins...I started my day here by making a batch of blueberry muffins to bring over, they were still warm when I added them to the table.

We went to a few wineries, then had dinner at Emily and Mariel's, pizza and wings.  It started raining, and got dark, and it was cozy and fun and silly and warm and serious and then funny again, oh true friends are treasures. 

Home...ah, home...Sonja, Char, and Cam are at Margaret and Adrian's house watching their kids so they can go out to dinner...it's just Paul and I here with the pups and the kitties...so I should sign off and talk to him more...he went hunting today, saw a decent buck, but couldn't manage to get his bow drawn in time...ah well.  Good night!

3 comments:

Linda said...

AWESOME!!!! Y'all are wearing sweaters etc. Not here, still shorts and flip flops (ducking, grin).

Terri D said...

Y'all have so much fun together. It really is wonderful to see! Have a lovely week ahead!! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, I wore my Birkenstocks yesterday and froze my little piggies off! This fine evening: it's snowing. My high school daughter is praying for a snow day tomorrow, my college commuting girls is saying PLEASE NO. I also said PLEASE NO, as she commutes in MY CAR. And you had better duck, ha, shorts and flip flops, harrumph. (I might just have to come visit this winter!)
Terri, we really do...you have a nice week too!!!