summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

oh yeah!

 When you live a simple life with few accomplishments, a little thing like finally! getting back to your water aerobics class: OH YEAH, I can do anything now!  I don't know why it was such a big deal to go back. I love it, but that part is totally irrelevant to those little voices in my head, apparently.  I stopped going back when we opened our pool, because I can do all the moves myself.  Our pool is closed, haven't been in it in weeks...but being in Aaron's pool inspired me, it felt SO good to move!

So this fine morning, I had NO excuses, not a single reason not to go, but actually a million excuses and reasons...why am I my own worst enemy?  It was just, quite simply, out of my comfort zone.  I dithered and dathered, and the clock was ticking...I finally decided that I wasn't going to feel comfortable going, so JUST GO.  

Bathing suit, towel, bar of soap, out the door...I was so self-conscious walking in, the class had started, and the door from the locker room makes it so you have to walk all the way across the front of the pool, then all the way down the side to down the ramp, it was just as bad as I had imagined it...but do you know what?  No one else cares, no one is thinking "oh dear she's still fat", (ha, they might be, but who really cares?!).  

Bottom line:  those in the class were so nice and friendly and happy to see me. It felt fantastic, and I am super glad I went. It'll always be a bit of a struggle to get out the door, but this is a milestone, it won't be this hard again.   Our vehicle situation will have to be worked around, as Sonja has to drive my car to class every day and sometimes Paul has to use the truck.  But I'll go when I can.

It was a spooky foggy morning...


I feel so accomplished today, no only did I go to the pool, but I actually have dinner in the crock pot:  beef, carrots, potatoes (I rolled them in olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary and put them in the crockpot whole), with two packets of gravy mix.  It smells so good in here.  Last night, I had chicken breast chunks in the crock pot, which I had frozen in vinegar, salt and pepper....when they seemed cooked through, I put them in a hot frying pan with some oil, sprinkled with cornstarch, and browned it all up.  I made a sauce with butter, Teriyaki sauce, orange chicken sauce, marmalade, ginger, and a spoonful of honey.  A pan of rice, then some broccoli (steamed florets in the bag for two minutes, then in the pan the chicken was browned in, with a splash of olive oil, mmm).   I mixed the sauce in with the chicken, added the broccoli, and what a yummy dinner.

Camille's birthday is coming up, can you believe my baby is almost 15!?  We ordered her some ink for her    ink quill pen, and three extra typewriter ribbons.  (I also have a few other gifts for her).   

Ah well, time to make some low carb pumpkin muffins....

8 comments:

Terri D said...

You look fabulous! Good for you going to the water aerobics class!! Happy birthday to your baby! Wow! Crockpot dinners are the best! xo

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my beautiful friend! I wish you lived near me. I wish you could pull into my driveway, honk the horn, and take me with you. I need to do this! I just need a push! Literally!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Della 👋

Good for you getting back to your water aerobics 🥳🥳🥳 I am also a bit self conscious in a bathing suit…….my daughters always say “ you look lovely 😊 and who do you think is going to be looking at you!” And of course this is true………I don’t look at anyone and judge……..do you? No, of course not. We just have to get over ourselves I guess 😊😊 Keep it up.

It looks a bit coolish at your place………foggy 😬 We had our first dump of snow yesterday and yay for me I had my snow tires installed on Tuesday!!! Just in the nick of time! It was just horrible I have to say. I had a doctors appointment so had to go and it was so slippery 😬 My doctor even thanked me for venturing out……..seeing that I’m ancient 🙄

Your supper sounded good. I made cut up chicken thighs sprinkled with salt and coated in corn starch and let it sit for a while to coat it well. Then sautéed in olive oil. Once browned up a bit I added a can of fire roasted tomatoes, cut up potatoes and carrots an some spices etc and cooked it all in the big frying pan till all browned and delicious. It was SO GOOD!

You have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Cindy said...

Like a million other Americans I'm sure, I went back to the public pool after the last summer Olympics. Lasted about two months. :) Why do they make you walk all the way around to get to the bathroom/pool entrance/locker rooms...? I know that feeling! Good for you for going to the pool!

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, thank you. I can't believe she's grown up so fast.
Billie Jo, it's SO hard...there's class again this morning, and I'm going, but my mind isn't in total agreement...I'm just going...it's hard alone! It's a social setting in a way, being in a circle of around ten people, and in your bathing suit, ugh. I wish you could go with me!!!!
Marilyn, no, I am not judging anyone, if anything I'm feeling their pain and sending them vibes of compassion, because I know how it is. Snow! NO!!! Slipppery, ugh. Your dinner sounds good, I am liking the cool weather cooking again...
Cindy, I know! The ramp should be right outside of the locker door!

Deb said...

I'm my own worst enemy about things too. I over think everything and find all the little problems that normal people would never even consider. LOL My current example: my son's car will be in the shop one day next week and he asked if I'd pick him up. I said sure, and hey maybe we can finally go to Big Lots! I just found out this summer there is now a Big Lots store in my area. I've never been to a Big Lots store and really want to go to this one, yet I still have not been there. So, in picking up my son, we'll be in the area and he's willing to go, but now I'm thinking of all these piddly little excuses to not go. Geez! lol

This N That said...

Glad you are back at the pool..I used to swim daily but quit for a couple of reasons about 5 years ago..I really miss it..especially the water Volleyball..Oh well..The Chlorine and I butt heads..Enjoy your weekend..

16 blessings'mom said...

Deb,I get...but go to BigLots! Lots of stuff there is overpriced, in my cheap-0 opinion, they used to be based on getting overstock/undersold stuff, not they have stuff that's made to sell there...some is good, but a lot is...not. But, it IS fun. Go!
I'm sorry chlorine doesn't agree with you!!! That would not be fun!