summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 5, 2022

grandchildren extravaganza....

 

Ruthie is so cute!
She turned one in August, and she can say so many things!
Wulf and Grant (Grant is Ruth's older brother)...cousins, and best "frenemies".  They are fiercely competitive, yet love each other..
A quick trip to Target, and this little Rhys...yup.  
This was when we decided to turn on some cartoons and calm the chaos...that's Margaret there with Ruth climbing up, Grant, Tennyson, and Wulf...I have them healthy snacks:  little mandarin oranges and fresh blueberries.  (Camille just sitting there all calm, probably working on her novel...)
Achilles, and Rhys and Ruth, the true kissing cousins.  Rhys shoved Ruth, so her mama told her it wasn't nice, and to say sorry...and give a kiss...
Sonja K. with Miss Ruthie...
Wulf doing a wheelie on his balance bike...with Grant...they go around and around the circle of the living room and kitchen until we've had enough, then it's time to put the bike away...
Margaret giving Tennyson a horsey ride...
Kathryn and Achilles...

So I grilled eight or nine pounds of chicken breast, Margaret cut up green peppers and onions and sautéed them a bit, we made a big pan rice, and got out the fresh salsa and cheese sauce, ect.,and had rice bowls.  With freshly grilled chicken, mmm.

The house is rather a mess this morning.  They cleaned up some of the toys, but the duplo blocks are out, and some trucks, and a few dolls and stuffed animals, a few FisherPrice blocks, a sip cup, a stray pretzel...it's like going back in time, waking up to such a messy house on Saturday morning.  Only way back when, I would have had a baby in my arms, and tiny child on each arm of my chair, no doubt carrying the aroma of pancake syrup.  I would have already changed several diapers, stripped a few beds, the washer and dryer would certainly both be humming along, and the dishwasher too.  My coffee would be cold, and the cup set in a random place, to be found equally randomly later, and drank up thankfully, no matter the temperature, YAY, I found my coffee!, I drank iced coffee before iced coffee was cool.

Do I like noise and chaos?   I'm not going to say.  But I will say this:  I love those kids.  They bring laughter and joy and life itself, into the house.  

So I did make it to the pool yesterday, felt fantastic once again.  In the Never A Dull Moment category, the check engine light is on in the truck, and our oven isn't working.  (I found this out after mixing up a low carb pumpkin muffin recipe, the oven wouldn't warm up).   Hopefully the truck isn't anything serious, and Paul has already ordered a new ignitor for the oven.  Tomorrow, we've invited the entire family over to celebrate some birthdays, and now I cannot bake any cupcakes.  I'm thinking ice cream pies...shh, I don't even know what I'm making for dinner yet!  I bought all that chicken breast to make chicken and gravy tomorrow, but used it last night...maybe we should just order pizza...:)

Yeah, so I need to clean things up, and get moving...we have a house we're painting today, Paul's already there and I need to get going...


6 comments:

Linda said...

Grinning...you are so blessed, smiles. I see y'all are having some sort of Indian summer? I see it is like 70 today, here in Florida it is 85. smiles

Anonymous said...

I’m new at following blogs but am so enjoying yours! I stumbled upon yours when reading another one. Many blessings to you from me in Kentucky!

Terri D said...

I freely admit that I would have been outside sitting on the steps!! All that chaos and you handle it like the champion you are!! The kids are all adorable and I know they love being together with cousins and siblings and especially with grandma!! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, yes, warm weather here, it's absolutely gorgeous...last evening, the moon shining, like a summer night. The trees are bare now mostly, and the fallen leaves are swirling around in the wind...it's nice. For now, ha.
Hello to you in Kentucky, glad to meet you!
Terri, I try:). They are all so adorable! And they're coming again tomorrow...!

Anonymous said...

Is Camille doing the NaNoRiMo or however it is spelled? I've always thought that was inspiring!
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Camille is actually doing that! She's been writing this book for a while, and has upped her game recently...she certainly never gets bored!