summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 26, 2022

....that holiday spirit!

The joys of living in the country...so many places to get a fresh, real tree!
Miss Char untangles the lights!





 

My most treasured possession, my father's mother's rolling pin.  My childhood:  watching my mother roll out sugar cookies, pie crusts, praising this rolling pin..."it's seasoned", she would say.
One pumpkin pie...
...and a blueberry.  We were ready for Pie Day at Ben and Ashley's.
Pecan,pumpkin...
Buttermilk pie, from Margaret...she said it's depression era pie.  It was 
SO good.
Chocolate, lemon meringue, coconut cream..



Sonja and Charlotte Claire playing a game with Anya and Grant...
The table in the back, Sam and Margaret, Mariel (with the lovely hair!), Emily...
Camille playing a game with Elise...

Ruth wants to get in the car, but Grant has places to go, with Achilles in the back.
Sam with his little girl!
Tennyson gets a turn in the car.
Auntie Evelyn with little Declan
Ev with Declan, and big sister Anya
Mariel had to work, chemo patients don't get to take Black Friday off from treatments.  She came in, and Benjamin got called out...he was not thrilled, but was taking it well.  
Our dear son Joseph...
Two son-in-laws, brothers, Adrian and Darius...
Darius ,Sam, Camille, Emily.
Camille and Suri, a few years ago...so cute!
Another blast from the past:  we had the twins, Sebastian and Linnea for 12 days while their parents went to Israel, seven of our kids went too.  Anyway. We had a nice time, a busy time, a cuddly time.  Char and Cam were so little.
Oh the fun we had!  Evelyn (Char in front), Kathryn, Suzanne, little Cam, and Sonja.
Today, the girls talked me into going to the huge dreaded mall...Sonja had a rainbow on her while waiting for a coffee, so I took a pic, she's so lovely.
I stood in the rainbow so she could get a pic of me, never mind that all the people in line behind us probably thought I was cray-cray.
Camille and Char got bubble tea.
I got them back for the mall, made them come to Aldi with me...:)
Our tree:  it's really pretty this year...

I wrapped some presents today.  I'm not done shopping yet, but working on it...

6 comments:

Kanadiangirl said...

Another depression pie was where pie! We truly still have it so good. I say 'still' because I don't know what the future holds. It's certainly not looking good.

Kristine the Kanadiangirl

Linda said...

AWESOME photos, I just love it when everyone shares their family photos, smiles. Y'all are earing sweaters/jackets, and we are wearing shorts--I still can't wrap my head around this, grin.

Deb said...

So nice, all of it. Your tree is very pretty! And the fact that you even have a mall to go to these days is impressive. lol

Terri D said...

Your tree is beautiful and I just know your house smells like fresh pine! So Christmassy (is that how you spell it?) I love that your house is always full of so much love and laughter and fellowship!! The pies look amazing. Coconut cream is a favorite of mine! Have a blessed week!! xo

Unknown said...

Hi Della………..

It looks to me like a delightful Pie Day!! Oh yum 🤤 Lovely pictures of everyone too ☺️ I’m sure not if all the pies were eaten…….or were they? They sure look good.

We are heading into a COLD 🥶 spell here 🥶🥶 Thursday it’s going down to -25C 🥶🥶 I sure hope that doesn’t stay too long. Can’t do much about the weather though, so I’m diving out tomorrow to get some more shopping done. I want to start baking ..of course it will have to go in the freezer or it will get eaten! I don’t do too much these days because we have to eat it…….aaawwww poor us ………..

Have a lovely day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Kristine, I was just talking to a few of my girls while we were in the kitchen on Thanksgiving, one of them wondered if we would look back on these days as "the good old days", it does seem like we're headed in a bad direction.
Linda, you stop it with your shorts and sandals now! I'm actually really happy for you, and who knows? Maybe I'll come visit you one of these days...!
Deb, we live a huge-0 mall, Destiny U.S.A....most of it is too pricey for me. I'd like a mall with a K-mart, an Ollies, a Big Lots, a few dollar stores, and several thrift stores...years ago, we actually had a local mall with a K-mart in it (and Sears AND JCPenney),the K-mart had a Little Caesars Pizza place in it, with the $4 pizzas, or however cheap they were back then...my sister with her seven girls, and me with all my kids, would go there and take the kids for pizza, for so cheap...ha, talk about the "good old days"!
Terri, the tree smells SO good. The coconut cream, oh dear, it was delightful. Wish I could send you a piece!
Marilyn, BRRRR! I want to bake too....we still have so much pie left, but honestly, I cannot just eat it to not waste it...but baking Christmas cookies, now THAT sounds fun!!!