summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

whew! that was some fun!

 Yesterday started early, with Wulf and Tennyson coming at eight...then Grace came with Grant and Ruth, then Kathryn with Achilles and Rhys.  Kathryn brought her pack and play, and we have one set up in Jonathan's room,  so the kids took turns taking their naps.  Mostly though, they ran around and played.  They are noisy and silly and funny...and sweet.   Here are some random pictures, in no particular order, as opposed to my usual paragon of organization, ha.  

Orange Guy hogs the dog's bed...and the Kettler is in the basket behind...she's claimed this basket...
"What? It's my spot!"  Anyone else give their pets voices?  no? 
The cozy season has arrived!  The girls got out a small amount of Christmas...and left a small amount of autumn stuff out...I don't like the mixture, so I've been putting away the pumpkins.  It's early for Christmas, but they were getting the itch, and it's not a hill to die on for me.  So yay, we have Christmas trees out!
Rhys on the ride-on...
Tennyson...he's such a darling, looks like an old fashioned boy, Eloise Wilkins maybe.
Kids don't need toys, just give them a box! Achilles, Grant, and his little sister Ruth...
Tenny!
Wulf riding with his little cousin Rhys...
Grant vacuumed...they absolutely love when I get out this little cleaner...I had to put it away when none of them were looking, they want to keep turning it on, but we didn't actually need more noise.
Christmas stuff....how can you not love it?
Suri can't believe she has to lie on the floor while Orange Guy takes the bed.
Aunt Emily with Rhys...
Rhys at her house the other day...cute, right?

Winter is visiting us here in central NY state, and I don't care for it much.  We are recreational weather complainers here, by the way.  Sonja K. had to be in the city in the wee dark hours of the morning, with my car, and dang, I don't love that.  I'm thankful that we're able to help her, that she is able to get to the hospital for clinical training...but.   Tomorrow is supposed to be slippery and snowy, and Camille has an orthopedic appointment in a small city 40 minutes northeast of here, where it really snows...I'm thinking of rescheduling...for next May, ha.

Ahhh, love being home. I just got up to get a second cup of coffee, and decided to vacuum...and mop.  I don't like footprints, so I mopped behind me as I came back to the comfy chair, and oops, no coffee.  I didn't even make one.  But, the floors are clean and the dogs are snoring, they usually take the mop as their cue to walk around aimlessly.  Paul usually comes out and walks all around too, and Camille, in her robe and slippers, comes in to make her morning tea...but not this morning, at least not yet...spoke too soon, Paul's walking around...:)

(When the kids were little, I had to work so hard to find a time to mop, mostly so they wouldn't slip, never mind the footprints!  I do have an electric steam mop, but all that does is turn the dirt into steam, and put it into the air, right? )

Anyway.  I am probably going to the grocery store today, as we're almost out of eggs, butter, cheese, and have no bread.  Lydia is coming over after school today, just to hang out...Jonathan has been texting me from Germany, his best friend fell and broke his shoulder.  Jon is working hard to cheer him up.  

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Christmas this year.  I've barely started...of course I'll focus on the kids here at home, and I'll send something to Jonny.  I actually ordered some good childrens' books from a used bookstore online, grandchildren are easy to buy for...each a toy and a book.  Sonja asked for a jacket for Christmas, and they are all 30% off at Target, so she chose the one she wanted and I ordered it.  So exciting, ha.  Girls used to be so easy, Barbie dolls and fairy wings, some dress up shoes and pink Legos.  Nowdays, what seems dorky to me is cool, and what seems cool, brings a, "Mom, REALLY?!"


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you did have a houseful yesterday! It’s nice that they can all come to Grammies house and be right at home 🥰🥰 They are all gorgeous!

You are so funny with your mopping and no foot prints. I’m like that too, but I only have my husband to worry about. My doggie goes to bed when I start vacuuming etc. That’s cute Suri looking a bit dejected as the cat is on her bed. Many years ago we had this cat called Muffin……the kids named him, and when he was about 4 we got a puppy. Well that puppy pounced on the cat and he stood up on his back legs and biffed that puppy all around her head, and she NEVER did that again. That cat would stretch out on the dog’s bed and just dare her to even try to get on it. Hilarious 😆 They we’re good friends once the lines were drawn 😆


Have a good afternoon.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Cats rule, dogs drool!! LOL I ordered Christmas cards. That's as far as I've gotten in Christmas preparations. Gotta get through Thanksgiving for Christmas panic to set in! LOL xo

Michelle in FL said...

We do have voices for each of our pets! We have guinea pigs & a bearded Dragon and if anyone heard the conversations we have with our pets they’d probably send us to a psychiatrist, ha ha! ;) It’s entertaining though. Your house is never boring! I know life is never perfect, but you are so blessed when all those children and grandbabies. Just amazing!