summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

back in good old New York....

Second row seats on the plane, as Paul is now a frequent flyer again.
Up above the clouds...what has mankind accomplished, to see this view!
...and apparently in the second row of the plane, you get your Diet Coke in a real glass! It's the little things...
Above the clouds, and under the clouds at the same time, with that sunny blue sky peeking through...it's a good reminder, there is sunshine behind those clouds!
Central New York in autumn...dreary yet beautiful.

Afternoon tea!  Riley made scones, clotted cream, and fresh jam, all from scratch,and served it with pumpkin spice tea...

Paul, and Lily...
Not too many trick or treaters on their little cul-de-sac there in the desert....our plane took off at ten pm, we landed in New Jersey in the wee hours, then took that little plane up to New York, got here at ten a.m....Kathryn picked us up, with Achilles and Rhys..

Paul showed him some Looney Tunes...he's a nice grandpa.

Kathryn needed to go to the store, and I imagined I did too, after being gone for a week...we dropped Paul off, picked up Camille, and went to Aldi...

I felt rather like a zombie walking around  in Aldi.  Mandarin oranges, bananas,  mini cucumbers, Brussel sprouts, spinach, potatoes, avocados, cheese, bacon, eggs, seltzer, shh Reeses' Christmas Trees (!), a spin mop ($10!), and some heavy cream.  We stopped for coffee, then home....

I should have just taken the nap...but no,  I just HAD to try out the spin mop...first I had to vacuum...then I had to unpack, do a load of laundry, and start dinner...chicken is in the crockpot...small chunks that were marinated in salt and pepper and vinegar...I added some ginger...think I'll take it out and stir fry it,serve with stir fried broccoli, and some rice.  

Truth be told, I am tired.  I watched Father Stu with Mark Walberg on the first flight, then took approximately 55 tiny little head jerking naps.  The plane lights hurt my eyes when we landed, then the bright fluorescent airport lights...yes, I had a headache...by then it was a four-ibuprofen nausea inducing knocker.  Coffee. Coffee would help...some wandering and we found some...iced Americano...it was awful, bitter, but I sipped at it anyway....I ate some cookies from my backpack from the flight...don't usually eat them, but my empty stomach with the meds and coffee, ugh.   Traveling:  I LOVE/HATE it, ha.

Complain-y Janey here, sorry!  The headache did recede, but I am tired....but, so glad to be home...it's always nice to get home.  


 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the headache! Glad you are better 😊
I had a bad few days with one this month of my cycle - one night I felt like I had a hole in my head. It made me wonder how I would know if something really bad was wrong with me, as I am so 'used' to them. Have you ever sought treatment? I don't know what can be done ...
Valerie

Diana said...

You didn't say if you liked the spin-mop... I saw those in our Aldi here, also, but I prefer the old type with a good sponge. Just wonderin' how you liked it and if it was worth it. // What are Riley's recipes for the scones and clotted cream? I have a Scottish husband (by descent) and he loves scones lol. Glad you are home, so sorry about the headache. I've had some lately, but I think it's because I'm getting used to a new medication... it makes me itch like a monkey sometimes lol. Sending you lotsa blessings and prayers, my friend!

Unknown said...

Hi Della!

It’s always lovely to get home, isn’t it? I’m sorry you had a headache though πŸ˜” Not too much fun for sure. I know what you mean by head jerking naps! I do that too accompanied by a few loud snorts!! 😳

Riley should be a chef I think. Those scones with cream and jam sound wonderful! That’s called a Devonshire Tea ……….oh yum 🀀 In England they use clotted cream and it’s is just so delicious.

We are going to go into a cold spell there. Next week we are going to have a few days of highs of -12C πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά Maybe some snow this week πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά

Have a good sleep tonight 😴😴😴

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Terri D said...

Rest!! Gosh, I just watched Fr. Stu last week. It was really good. I'm glad you traveled safely home (except for that awful headache!). Take care!

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, those monthly headaches are horrible. I have not specifically sought treatment, I can manage mine with ibuprofen, albeit sometimes two doses. Some people get them more often and much worse. It's hard being Mommy and having a headache...hugs to you, Valerie.
Diana, for ten dollars I'd say it was worth it, but now I have this big mop bucket to store. I don't know if the quality is there, but it did clean the floor quite well. I'll keep you posted, ha. I can ask Riley what recipe he used, the clotted cream was heavy cream that a went into the oven for 12hours...not sure what else he did with it. I'm sorry you're itching "like a monkey", that's no fun! Sometimes the side effects are worse than the initial ailments, but not always...hope it works for you!
Marilyn, a Devonshire tea, oh that sounds fancy. He made the clotted cream, said it tasted like what they had in England and Singapore. -12C, that's ten degrees F! BRRRRRR! You may as well decorate for Christmas!
Terri, It was a good movie, wasn't it? I enjoyed it.

Shirley in Washington said...

Your son and his partner are amazing cooks!! Your meals in AZ looked amazing. I hope you get some rest. Blessings!