summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

all day long...

 ...we stayed at home.  Rainy rainy day, and Cat in the Hat went through my head, it was too wet to go out.    Char and Cam were here too, and Paul worked from home.  There was no sunbathing or dipping in the pool, I didn't even step outside yesterday.  Char took the curtains down in Jon's room, I washed them, she hung them back up.  I washed bedding and vacuumed and cleaned the window, and shh, hauled things out that don't belong in there.  An extra room?  A place to shove things?   Oops, he's coming home, time to find a new huge closet ha.  

(I also took the pack and play down, we use Jon's room as a place for the little ones to nap when they visit).  (They still can, but we can't just leave it up, as a fixture, ha)

Anyway, because there is NEVER a dull moment, yesterday Charlotte Claire came out of the laundry room and said, "There is a ton of water on the floor in there."  I replied, of course, "Go tell Daddy."

It leaked all over, flooded the utility room underneath too.  Thankfully we have a huge-0 shop vac, and thankfully, Daddy works from home.  He's amazing.  He figured out it was a seal for the door, and ordered the part.  He makes our appliances live long past their lifespan, by ordering parts.  Of course now we cannot use it until the part arrives and he YouTubes a fix and figures it out.  

It wasn't pretty though.  A plethora of water where it doesn't belong is seldom pretty.  

Camille decided summer was passing by without making a lemon meringue pie, and that just wasn't right. So she fixed that.


I had a small spoonful, the crust was amazing...a butter graham cracker crust, baked a bit so it was toasty, so yummy, and so hard not to just eat a huge slice.  She made two batches of meringue because one just wasn't thick enough.  

Dinner was crockpot chicken noodle soup, which was mmm mmm good.  Some baggies of cut up chicken breast from the freezer, a dash of olive oil in the crock pot, and a few hours later, break the pieces apart a bit...then later, add chicken stock...then a bag of frozen mixed veggies...then a mixture of flour, corn starch, rosemary, oregano (accidental, I thought it was rosemary, but it was good!), salt and pepper, mixed up in some cold water and poured in to thicken...half hour later, the egg noodles went in, then half hour later, it was done.  The girls had Italian bread with it too.

And, we booked our tickets, we are going to Florida on Saturday night.  I'm happy to be going to see Grandma, but not so happy to be leaving everyone here. ( I've become a real homebody.  It has something to do with having amazing adult children, and adorable grandchildren, I think).  We do have a few things to take care of down there, it'll be the last time we see her home, as it's sold, so we have to take the last things out of it, the rest of her cross stitches, and some other things.  Paul's brother cleaned most of it out.  

We'll be driving back, as we bought her car.  It has low mileage, and it's a Florida car driven by an old woman, stereotypically true.  It'll really help, Sonja can drive it to work and I won't be car-less all the time.  

I just got back from the pool, ahh, it was so nice.  Now I'm taking the girls to the library, thrift store, Target...but what if Jonny comes home today?  He's surprising me, so I don't know when he's coming...I told the girls we should clean up the house before we leave, in case he comes today, and they cannot argue with me because they know when he's coming and cannot let me know when it is.  ha. 

Anyway.  The flowers and tomatoes are growing like crazy, the rain has been lovely.  The birds are singing, it's warm out, can't complain.  Have a good day!

No comments: