summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 26, 2023

good morning, New York!

 This is an extremely quick post, as I said I was leaving for the store fifteen minutes ago.  There is a need to hurry hurry hurry, as the party starts in less than four hours, and I still have to go to the store half hour away and get the food.  The house is not tooo bad, but needs vacuuming, ect.  

We got home last evening to Evelyn's car in the driveway, yay!  Jon was home from work, Sonja, Char, Cam were here, they were grilling steak, brussel sprouts, and corn on the cob.  oh my.  It was SO nice!  Even when they grow up, you miss them when you're away.

Home.  Ahh, home.  We stayed up too late and talked too much, and it was super nice.  The washing machine fix didn't hold, there was water all over the laundry room, seeping down and flooding the downstairs.  Paul no sooner walked in the door and he was fixing things.

He's gone already this morning, things to go and fix and take care of.  I've got my coffee in my Yeti, and I'm leaving in five minutes.  All by myself, ha, those girls didn't want to wake up early to accompany.  They don't love grocery stores, and I idon'thave the time to bribe with a Target run, so off I go by my lonesome.

Sunny was absolutely beside herself to see us, mostly Paul...she loves Orange Guy.
Early morning sun yesterday as we started our eleven hour journey home...traffic, a few accidents, lane closures...stops to get coffee...

And...Old Kitty and Sunny...Suri missed us too, but I didn't get any pics of her.  She's so old and tired. 

And...off I go, we're going to have a nice birthday party for Lydia today!!!!  My Suzanne is coming!  Emily, Mariel will stop over, Ben and family, Sam's family, Margaret's family, Kathryn's family, yay!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been reading for a long time. What’s Suzanne doing these days? Lost track of everyone a bit!

Terri D said...

I am sure y'all had a great party and family time. Happy birthday!! Happy weekend!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

Welcome home! Quite a trip you had, but grandma is all settled 🤗
I hope your party for Lydia was wonderful and heaps of fun!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦