summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

and then the pipe burst...

There is not a dull moment.  A pipe burst in the water heater.  I suppose I should mosey on down to help clean it up.  Oh, what a day.  After the pool, I drove up and babysat for Grant and Ruth while their mama went to an appointment.  She brought baby Maeve with her, as she is a nursing baby.  

We told stories and had lunch and I changed a poopy diaper.  They showed me all around their house (as if I have never been there before ha), and kept me entertained.  After Grace came back, I left and went to the grocery store and found...a 28 pound turkey!  I HAD to get it. 

It takes a week to thaw in the refrigerator, so that's where it is.  I also got one blueberry bagel for Camille, a package of $1.99 a pound pork chops, which are marinating in Everything But The Bagel Seasoning with jalapeño, and lime juice, and some cook and serve chocolate pudding for the Thanksgiving chocolate pie.  

I went through the Dunkin' Donuts drive through on the way home and used 500 points on a free large iced coffee, with one shot of spiced sugar cookie flavoring.  I was pleased they only put the one shot in, it wasn't sugary at all.  I usually don't get any sweetener, but I really wanted to try this one.  

Home...ahh, home.  I had to rearrange the whole refrigerator to get that huge-0 bird in.  After putting a few things away, I cajoled Sonja and Camille into helping me organize our storage room a bit.  We have some bags to throw away, and some bags for the thrift store...a few of the kids cleaned their rooms in the last few months, and put the bags in there.  Um, no, we need to get them to the thrift store.  It does feel good to get things cleared out a bit.  We packed up the autumn decorations, to get ready for the Christmas stuff.  We didn't get it out yet, but I did get a small tree in the mail today from Target...and I think I'll open it and put some lights on it.  It's just getting that time...once you break that barrier of not before Thanksgiving, you don't mind so much ha.

Paul is headed to the hardware store to get a new pipe.  If they don't have it in town, he'll have to head further, to the small city to Lowe's.  (update:  the piece was in the hardware store in town, and is now all fixed.  He truly is Mr. Fix-It!)

There is still a mess from dinner, so I have work to do too.  The girls made a pepperoni pizza, I pan seared two nice steaks I bought marked down (we shared them), and a few of us had leftover chicken soup from last night, it was really good.  I cook the noodles separately, so they don't get all big and soggy in the soup, I don't eat them anyway.  

Ah well...there is enough to do around here, I'm getting up and moving for a bit again.  Charlotte is doing math homework, Jon and Sonja and Camille went to Norwegian..Jon is fluent, he's one of the teachers.  Anyway...time to move it move it...
 

1 comment:

Terri D said...

I enjoyed catching up! I don't think I've ever seen a 28 pound turkey! Wow!! I may have to get a small one so I can have "leftovers". I'm not cooking or hosting this year and I will miss all the leftovers. Hugs!!