summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 27, 2023

staying home is actually nice...

 ...but before I ramble, check out our bully cat...


Miss Kettler, aka Mama Cat, aka Old Kitty, was sleeping so prettily, I thought I'd take a picture.

Out of nowhere sprang Orange Guy, her bullying son, to bat his paws at her.  Just look at her face.
She did NOT like this.
Where did she go?  She was OUT OF THERE.  Oh well.  He hopped down and meowed to go outside.  He didn't even want her spot.

I have mostly stayed home since Wednesday.  I brought Cam to music practice on Friday, then church yesterday, but that's about it.  The pool was cancelled this morning for some reason, so here I am.  Shh, the house gets cleaner and stays cleaner when I'm here puttering around.  I rather like it.  This fine morning, I washed dishes, scrubbed the sinks, cleaned the stove top, did a few loads of laundry, vacuumed, mopped, and took care of the cans.  I got Camille's quarterly report typed up, printed, and into the mail box.  I had coffee with Sonja when she got home from her night shift, then second coffee with Miss Camille as we discussed her report, and what she's going to work on next.

My Christmas shopping, ugh.  I got a few things this past weekend, but I flip through the sites and see Black Friday!!!!  Cyber Monday!!!  get it, buy it, snap it up!  But, the prices aren't all that great.  I need to take a breather, and think about what I want to get for people, and then proceed.  I am definitely leaning towards simpler this year.  :)

In a little while, I have to go pick Miss Charlotte Claire up from school and bring her to the dermatologist.  Camille will come too, then we'll stop for a few groceries.   I should make a list, a meal plan.  I've been trying to behave and use meat from the freezer.  I tend to buy it on sale, stick it in the freezer, then buy fresh stuff.  


There.  Now they're both sleeping nicely.

Ah well.  We're supposed to get some snow this week, ugh, lake effect snow.  I don't mind a pretty snowfall, with big flakes floating down and covering all the brown of the world with sparkles.  But when it comes with heavy winds and low visibility, when you seriously cannot see where the road even is, nope.  Hate it.  Slippery sidewalks, slippery roads, no thank you.  I will stay home as much as I have to in avoidance, but I cannot bubblewrap my kids.  This is the climate we live in, and when they grow up and have jobs, they will have to drive in the snow.  Worrying won't help, either, will it?  

So I have to go get ready so I'm not scrambling about at the very last second, which shh, I will be doing anyway....have a really good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have also been home mostly this long week end and yes,house feels orderly and calm. I have planned meals, worked on gift lists,gotten some gifts, we are having a simple Christmas, cleaned and it’s been lovely. Went to my daughter’s Thanksgiving, church, picked up a daughter at car repair shop today and that’s been it. I do need a food run soon but trying to eat from freezer and pantry…need to make a list for the few things I do need.

Sounds like your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Being with so many of the kids is special. We were with 5 of the 7. Three girls live home, my daughter and her husband have 3 college age and my son and his wife have 2, they are 5 and 8. We had a great time. The families from west coast and Georgia called but not the same as having them.

Enjoy the beginning of the Christmas season. I am loving the lights as the dark comes so early on Long Island, it’s so cozy with them on.

Judy

16 blessings'mom said...

Judy, it's nice to take it slowly once in a while. It's nice you got to be with family, and I know what you mean about the calls, nice...but. I suppose we should remember though that back in the day, holidays were more expensive LONG DISTANCE, ha. My mother always called her sister on Saturday mornings to save money. Actually, there was a time when I lived a few towns over from my sister, and it was long distance to call. It did not stop us. We talked every day. My husband used to ask me to keep it to a minimum, but I couldn't. ha. I also love the beginning of the Christmas season, love the lights, it is so cozy. It's snowing here now too...:)

Marilyn said...

Good morning!

Those kitties are funny, aren’t they? Animals can keep us amused for ages. Our 2 dogs were funny and would keep us amused. We really miss them 😔

I put on my big girl knickers yesterday and went to the mall expecting it to be super busy. If it was I was going to come back home. Well……………it wasn’t busy at all! It was really busy last week and the store clerks said it was SO BUSY all weekend. So I got quite a bit done. Almost all actually. We are trying to cut back this year though. My husband and I got a beautiful new telly and that’s our birthday and Christmas gift to each other. He just had a birthday 2 weeks ago and mine is in about 3 weeks. We really don’t need anything. I got him a box of delicious chocolates though! I hope he gets me some too! Sometimes I buy an extra box in case he forgets!! I’m planning on staying home today. My daughter is popping by after lunch so I’ll make some cookies for coffee. I’d better get cracking!

You have a lovely day Della ………sorry about the snow ⛄️

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦