summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

just going and going...

...but today, perhaps, we'll stay home and catch up.  Yesterday morning was frosty and cold, going to the pool.  I had to park quite a bit away, and brr, my sweatshirt was not warm enough.  The pool water was delightful, and getting in there and moving feels so nice.  After a hot shower, I was ready to go out and about with Kathryn.  

We hadn't been to BJ's in a very long time, but they were enticing me with a $20 membership fee, so why not?  I bought a few Christmas presents, a huge-0 jug of Dawn for the dishes, a big bag of Christmas Hershey's miniatures to put in the glass jar, and some girly things that are cheaper there.  

Baby Jamison...
Rhys...she loves Minnie Mouse

 I didn't get a picture of Achilles!  

Well, it turns out I don't have much to say, after all!  I thought I did, thought, it's quiet in here, I'll blog.  Paul is out hunting, he just likes being in the woods.  Jon is at work, Sonja came home from a 12 hour night shift and is in bed, Charlotte Claire and Cam are still sleeping, it's vacation week.  The dogs are snoring, and here I sit with my first cup of coffee.

Our washer is still all taken apart in the middle of the laundry room.  I have not gone to the laundromat yet.  The final part that Paul ordered should come today, if he cannot fix it, I have one lined up on Marketplace.  It's a top loader though, and our present ones stack, so we would have to scramble things up in that laundry room, but there are some other options there as well.  You have to trust that people are being truthful when buying used items.  Some are moving or remodeling, but what if that washer has been giving them headaches for years?  There are Black Friday sales on washers too, but ouch. 

It's super cozy in here, and I don't want to get up and clean the house and make the pie crusts and brine the turkey.  I don't want to clean, vacuum, organize.  I would rather go to the thrift store today, 25% off.  We do have several bags to drop off there.  I could clean tomorrow, before I make pies, after the pool.  I would win first prize in a Procrastination Contest, but only if my sister weren't in it, as she's wicked good at it.  

Sometimes I wonder how I am an actual grown up.  I only want to do the fun things.  

But, since I apparently AM an actual grown up, I will get up out of this comfy chair and putter around, and clean the place up.  I will make ten pie doughs.  I will put away all the clean dishes and wipe down the stove and the inside of the microwave.  I will vacuum and I will mop.  

Since it is Thanksgiving week, and I don't want to be a hypocrite, I will be thankful for my day, and will do my work with joy, singing songs of praise as I lean over to pick up stray dog toys (Sunny gets pieces of her Cookie Monster out of the dog toy bin every night, she likes to get a good game of Fetch going!)(But she never puts them away!).  I will be thankful for hot water and for plenty of soap (that big jug of Dawn, Merry Christmas to me, it's good stuff!).  

See how I'm dragging this out?  ha.  Have a really good day...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Della! I also like Dawn. The last quid and the dishwasher stuff. I see on the news there’s a big storm heading your way. I’m sorry about that. At least your family is close by. Our new telly is so lovely! The colour is beautiful. Our Christmas and birthday gifts to each other.

Now I have to tell you I am a champion procrastinator too!! Oh my goodness I can ponder, dawdle and sitin my comfy ch

Marilyn said...

HiDella! This is my second go! The first one vanished 🤷‍♀️I am a terrible procrastinator too. I can think about something forever, then tear around at the last minute to get it done. Packing for holidays is different, I can somehow manage to do that! I’m glad you were singing while you were doing your chores. I hope Paul can fix your washer. Awful to be without the washer and dryer. I

We are LOVING our new telly! The colour is beautiful.

I hope you got those pie crusts made. You be so glad tomorrow 😊

Enjoy your evening!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

Thanks for the many smiles...it's like 70* here this morning in Florida. Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving my friend.