summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

baking and wrapping...

 ...do what brings you joy, right?  So I've wrapped most of what I have.  Camille just helped me sort out the gifts for the "people who don't live here", aka the grown kids, spouses, grandkids.  I tried hard to get each one thing, but somehow that multiplied a bit.  We put a box or bag for Emily,  Ben, Mariel, Joseph, Molly, Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, and Suzanne (and spouses/kids)  (We sent gifts to Aaron in Phoenix and Abigail in Delaware, and Evelyn, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire and Camille will be here on Christmas morning)

Yesterday I baked another batch of regular butter cut outs, and one of gingerbread cookies.


I frosted several too, before having to leave for Activity Club.  I plan to finish frosting today, but I'm also making some butter-free cut outs for Emily, she cannot have dairy.  I'm going to buy gluten-free flour and make some for Mariel, too...because it's Christmas, and you should be able to have a cookie or two or a dozen.  

The truffles from when Aaron and Riley went to England, and our little candy bowl.  It's hard to resist!  Last night I had one small Godiva bar, and one of the Santas, they're Reese's.


On my way home from the pool this morning, it's just stunning when the snow covers the branches like that.  

I had better get moving if I want to get those cookies done, as I'm taking Charlotte Claire out shopping after school today, she needs a Secret Santa gift for school.  Have a good day!

2 comments:

Mari said...

You've been busy!
The snow is so pretty.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Marilyn said...

Good morning………….we have NO SNOW at all 😳😳😳😳😬 Brown Christmas. This morning at 7.45 it is -4C. Last year is was -33C 🥶🥶🥶🥶 Scary actually.

The cookies look lovely……yummy! I don’t make heaps any more, just enough. GF baking can be a bit of a challenge sometimes.

I’m off to get my hair cut soon so I’d better fuse up from my perch and get moving 🤣🤣

Have a fabulous day 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦