summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 1, 2023

lights and more lights...

 Kathryn had the good idea to bring the kids to Lights on the Lake.  You buy your ticket online, and you get to drive through two miles of wonder.  We brought her three, and then Wulf and Tennyson, while Margaret stayed here with baby Blythe.  We really enjoyed it, even when Jamison was crying...we are programmed to get a bit stressed when a baby cries...I made him a bottle, and boom, it fell between his carseat and the door, and we weren't supposed to stop along the route, so we so nicely waited until the end, then Kathryn pulled over, hopped out, and got the bottle.  It was like the old days.  :)

They did have fun though.  They had been at my house for most of the day, and she was planning to just drop me off with Wulf and Ten, and go home and watch a movie with her disappointed kids, who really wanted to go back into Grandma's house.  Rhys kept yelling from the backseat, "Why because?  Why because?"

She tried to pacify her kids with plans for a movie, then Wulf and Tenny were YAY-ing, a movie!  Yes, I told them, we'll watch a movie too, and I'll make popcorn.  Then Rhys and Achilles chimed in, YAY-ing.  Oh well, Kathryn said, I'll just come in again.  

So...I had made two loaves of bread...

There was a crockpot full of chicken stew.  I made popcorn too, and we watched "Home Alone".  Those little boys love that movie.  They shriek and scream and laugh their heads off, and it's contagious.  We had too much fun.

Rhys holding her baby cousin Blythe
With Margaret
Kathryn with her Jamie and Margaret's Blythe
Rhys loves that baby cousin of hers.


Achilles and Wulf, and Kathryn
Wulf and Tennyson

While we were at the Lights on the Lake, Camille was busy:
The grandkids loved them, of course!

Charlotte Claire, Jonathan, Camille
They all get along so well...I am savoring these times, I know now that their time here at home is fleeting, and before long, they will be all grown up and moved out like the twelve before them...(Sonja was also on the couch, just outside the picture, dozing..that night schedule of hers is challenging!).    

Ah well...time to move it move it, to the pool!  Have a good day!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

My heart sank when I read about the bottle falling to the car floor! Glad you had a good time looking at all the lights. Your family is awesome! So many fun moments! You are blessed.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

Sounds like a wonderful day! The kids were all excited about the movie and I have to say it is funny!! Those cupcakes look wonderful! So does the bread 🥖

We have -10C here at the moment at 11 am. It will get a bit warmer. Yesterday was cool too, but no wind so it’s much better.

I hope you had fun at the pool! I didn’t make it to the Y this week, but next week is another week! I’m going out to grab a few groceries, but sitting here in my nice comfy chair procrastinating!!!

I had to go for my physical for my drivers license last Wednesday……because I’m turning 80……… and there’s a cognitive test too 😬 Things like ……… you have $100 and go somewhere and spend however much, then go somewhere else and spend however much then how much do you still have. It wasn’t even amounts, but I got it right. She said 5 words for me to say and then later in the test I had to say them. Anyway it was things like that! About 10 along those lines. I had been fretting and worrying for weeks. There was a physical too. So that that for 2 years when I have to do it again!! Do you have that there? Actually it is a good idea.

Well off the chair now and off I go 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Have a great day 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Hello!!! Your family is lovely. I love how you all spend time together. We do as well. No grandbabies for me yet, but I am praying! Happy December, my friend.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Making happy memories together...that is what life is all about, and at your house I am sure this is happening all the time. What a joy! Thank you for sharing your lovely family with us. You are blessed. That bread sure looks good...

Terri D said...

What a blessing to always have a home full of love and laughter!!