summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 18, 2023

our little family....

 

25% of our kids, the final fourth, still living at home.  Camille, Paul and I, Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, and Jonathan.  Life sure changes as it goes along through the years.  I fervently wish I had journaled or blogged since the beginning, because some of those years are a big blur.  

We celebrated Grant and Achilles' birthdays on Saturday.


Sunday at our church celebration..Sam with his Maeve and Ruth (Grant's little sisters)
Camille and Evelyn on violin and flute...
Margaret and Adrian came over later in the day with Wulf, Tennyson, and Blythe.  I made some oven fried chicken (I put the chicken breast in lime juice, salt, and pepper, cut into strips.  Then I dipped them into cornstarch and flour, and put them on parchment covered baking sheets with oil, into a hot oven (425).  I flipped them a few times while they were baking, to crisp them up on both sides.  Camille put on a pot of rice, and we also had some cut up fruit.  I made some sauce, butter, brown sugar, and hot sauce, mmm in a pan on the stove.

The days are flying, and I am not finished with my Christmas prep.  Yesterday was fun, I had ordered small bags of coffee from the local roaster, and gave them to friends at church.  Last week we had a celebration focused on the children, so we picked names and each child got a gift.  The little girl I got a gift for is so cute, Saturday she was shopping with her mama, and wanted to get something for me, "because she got me a present, mom!"  So her nice mom let her get me a new coffee mug and a coffee gift card.  I was touched and pleased, because she is just so darned cute and thoughtful. (She was too shy to give it to me herself...but she did sign the card.)

I'm headed to the pool soon...hope my hip gets better again soon, it's doing that intermittent OW thing, never know which step is going to be the ouchie one.  Never a dull moment...and I'm not even talking about the clogged kitchen sink or the pipe breaking underneath it when I was trying to get ready to go to gathering at a friend's house...

Ah well....have a really good day!




3 comments:

Sandi said...

"... still living at home. "

This is a huge blessing. 🩵

Glad you caught that burst pipe early. Whew!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della………😊

I hope your hip gets better real soon!! You are too busy to have something like that! Busy, busy!!

My girls are sooooooo sneaky! They had a surprise 80th birthday party for me on Saturday and Michelle came up from Scottsdale!! Honestly it’s a wonder their pants not on fire all the fibs and sneaking around. It was wonderful. I’ll send you a picture on you email.

I hope you had a lovely workout at the pool. I just love all your pictures.

Gotta run! Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Mari said...

Funny how as your kids move out and the family seems smaller - at the same time it is growing with new spouses and babies!
What a sweet little girl to want to give back to you. I love that!