summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 29, 2024

a little breather...

 ...this fine morning, the pool felt absolutely fantastic.  I am so very thankful I get to go three times a week, it's amazing to just get in the water and move.  This morning I realized that some exercises that really hurt my back, not long ago, do not hurt anymore.  

After the pool, and Camille's gym time, we headed to the small city...first the dollar store, as tomorrow's activity club features a birthday party, so party hats and a tablecloth.  Then for a coffee at the little hut in the parking lot, locally roasted, the iced Americano is delish.

Then, to the bank, for the check for the camper.  ouch.  I hope that camper is everything I'm hoping and dreaming it will be.  

Then for an oil change, since we're driving my car to Ocean City this weekend.  And, shh, I was proud of myself, I pulled right in to that Valvoline bay without falling into the big scary pit.  The guy didn't even have to frantically point one direction then the other.  Then he nicely pointed in the proper direction while saying turn on your left signal, now your right...so I didn't do the wrong one and have to hear a smirking, " Okay, now your other right."

I figured out how to pop the hood, and everything.  When I was in elementary school, my teachers made me hate math, when they did those random oral quizzes where they would point at you and ask you a multiplication problem.  I knew the answers because I was good at simple math, but it was too scary, and I didn't like it at all.  It was the same with learning left and right, the way they would point and say to raise your left hand, it would always flummox me, and make me so embarrassed.  Now when I pull into Valvoline and they guy says left signal!, it all comes back.  I know.  Drama Queen.

Anyway, Camille and I decided to go to the thrift store, and it was too much fun.  I found a nice dress from Macy's, for five dollars, fits perfectly.  She got Zara shoes for five bucks, and I got some grandkid stuff, plus a porcelain coffee pour-over for Sonja.  

Home...ahh, home...but not for long!  Paul and I left with poor Miss Suri, aka Tubby-Tubster, she fell down a few of the deck steps the other day, and has been limping around.  Paul got her some doggy aspirin, but this morning it was clear we still needed to bring her in to the vet.  Diagnosis:  possible soft tissue injury.  She got some doggy carprofen, and some updated vaccines.  She had a doggy fever of 104 something, vet thought maybe because she was so worked up and panting.  She's usually a calm dog, but she has definitely slowed down a bit, and gets to panting.  

Home again, ahhh...but not for long...we're going to pick up the camper...hoping the hitch works at least to get it home...I hope Paul likes it, and loves it, and it'll work out splendidly.  :). Have a good evening...and wait, what's even for dinner?!  dang.  

No comments: