summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 11, 2024

oops!

 I forgot to blog!  I must have been just living my exciting life!  Tuesday was Paul's birthday, he went fishing on Owasco Lake in his kayak, and caught two nice fish, a land-locked salmon and a trout. 

I only know what they are because he told me, and shh, you could hold a gun to my head and I'd have a fifty percent chance of telling you which is which.  Logic says the salmon is bigger...

He did keep them, and grilled one up right on his birthday, as I said goodbye, and went to Activity Club.

Wednesday I went out to brekky with my water aerobics class.  I did eat one slice of the excellent cinnamon toast, it's not actually to DIE for, but close.  It's made at the Oswego Tea Company, and delivered to this diner...mmmm.  I bought a whole loaf to bring home!  

Camille went to the library while I went to the diner, I saved her a slice of my cinnamon toast.  (she OPTED to go to the library!). We then went to the thrift store, found a nice skirt for myself, and Cam bought a dress and a pretty top.  Then into the grocery store quick for the specials, around the edge of the store...then home....ahhh, home.

Not sure if I posted this the other day, but I made gluten free bread for Mariel.  It was actually really yummy.  
Jamie tried so hard to drink my coffee in Target the other day, I think he may have gotten a taste before the straw cracked.
With his Auntie Camille...the cashier asked her, "is he your only, or do you have more?"  Um, she stammered, "He's not mine..."
Yes, I bought it.  I opened the box, and some parts were still sealed, a good thrift store find for four bucks, right?  They are just too cute, Labradors.

This fine morning, I found out we were having some boys over for dinner, so I went to Costco with Kathryn.  I have four pounds of London Broil in the sous vide, but that's not enough.  I decided to grill some burgers , bought frozen fries too.  I also bought fresh strawberries, and Camille made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting to have for dessert.

I'm taking a little break before getting busy again....my knees lock up and start hurting, so I have to sit and put the old feet up every once and a while.  

We haven't gone to the laundry mat yet, so tomorrow for sure.  I'm running out of undies.  I told the kids to gather up when they need washed, and I'll go, hopefully just this once, as the new washer will come next week.  

Adrian is coming over tonight with Wulf and Tenny, he's going to work on our bathroom ceiling.  Jonathan put new sheetrock up for us, but Adrian is the expert at finishing it.  Adrian is graduating from college with an engineering degree next month.  He's a carpenter too, but decided he wanted to work smarter, not harder, ha.  

The first weekend in May, I'll be going away for the weekend with daughters Emily, Abigail, Sonja (it's her birthday weekend!), Charlotte Claire, and Camille.  We're going to Ocean City, and I hope it's warm and sunny.   The next weekend, Adrian graduates and Paul and I will be watching the kids (Charlotte Claire's birthday, she turned 18!).  Then it'll be time to go to Phoenix...ahh, sunshine!  In the midst of the busy, we're planning a wedding!  Life is interesting, and certainly never boring....have a good afternoon!


2 comments:

Terri D said...

I'm exhausted for you, Della. Busy, busy, busy and always surrounded by love and fun. I would love to go thrift store shopping with you. I never find good stuff like you and your sweet girls do!! I always love my visits with you here.

Barwitzki said...

That's great, catch fish for your birthday and eat it fresh, if that doesn't bring you great joy :-))) Have fun and yes, you're very busy... that's a good thing :-)
I wish you many more beautiful and sunny days. A hug comes from Viola
p.s. I also bake my own bread and bought my first strawberries today - pureed and made for me an strawberry milk, which was great.
It will take a while for the local strawberries in the field to ripen... and it will be a celebration.
Your family photos are so beautiful - Hug.