summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 11, 2009

can't it be mother's day for TWO DAYS????

Dear Suzanne, I do believe you. This is why I would like to home school you guys. I hop you beleve me. Thank you, or shell I say goodnight....and p.s. - it is good to beleve yourself!
Oh, yesterday was just so nice. Mirielle made me a cake....a white chocolate coconut cake with raspberries...heavenly. And Paul took me out to dinner, which the kids fully supported...so they took care of dinner here. They had one stipulation: we could not eat in the car. We have done that in the past....but can you blame us? We get take out, and sit in the car where no one can interupt us....anyway, we listened the kids and went to Chicago Uno. The food was very good, I had steak, roasted veggies, and fries, and Paul had a seafood platter with brown rice w/mangos and cranberries. And steamed veggies. But our waiter: he was too cool for school. He actually grabbed a waitress's butt. Right there in the restaurant. Whoa. And he kept coming over to have some friendly conversation with us. Excuse us, Aaron, but the reason we came here and spent $30 is to have some UN-interupted conversation. You are not cute, and we are not giving you a big tip. But we did anyway. And we didn't even tell on him for the butt-grabbing.


I think Paul took me to dinner because he felt sorry for me. See, I read that email I got from the lady who had two purebred English sheepdogs, 9 weeks old, ready to go, and I asked, half kidding, if I could go get one. Paul of course said, NO, we have a dog, sort of, we have to get this straightened out first, which I of course, already know. But....I would still like to get this sheepdog pup. Why? I don't know....but I said I know I have issues, and I started crying and couldn't stop. Paul thought I was mad at him, far from it....I am just still sad about losing the baby. I am happy about my life, I love my kids, I am thankful for my husband and my friends, and I love them too, but I am still sad about the baby. And I know I have dealt with that by getting a puppy, and that hasn't worked. So I just have to deal with the baby grief, and move on. Anyway, Paul decided we needed some time, and it was very very nice to be alone for a while. We do still have that attraction for each other, and still have a good time together. It was worth every penny....even with Aaron, the most annoying waiter I have ever had....


The kids were especially nice and sweet yesterday....I love all the homemade cards they give me. Sonja's said, "I know you are sad about the baby, so Happy Mother's day..." and the nice little geranium in the plastic cup, which will live a short but happy life here, and the bag of Lindt chocolate truffles from Abigail....which will not go around, not enough, so I will hide them and sneak them in the afternoons...
So Captain Jack came back again last night and ate some of his food. Aaron, my son, not the bad waiter, heard his tags jingling on the deck, and went out and he ran. rats. His previous owners have been scouring the woods for him, they have spotted him four times, and he will not come to them. There is a highway close by that he keeps crossing, and there are coyotes in these woods. They are thinking of buying a dog trap....they are just concerned with keeping him safe. He is either terrified, or he is having the time of his life....I really hope he stays safe. I feel so bad. I can't believe he just ran off like that.
Well, morning brings fresh work...and fresh starts. I am glad for a clean slate. I am going to make the most of today. My thoughts will be pure. I will be opened to what God wants to show me today. I will be patient and gentle with my kids, and I will listen to them. By God's grace.

6 comments:

KrustyLynn said...

Happy Mothers Day!! :)

That note was so cute! I hope you had a great day! After all, it's mothers like you who are worth celebrating!!

AUTISMOMMA said...

Love the note! You are such a nicer person than I would have been. I would have not only asked to speak to the manager after the butt-grabbing incident but I also would have asked for another server AND told Aaron what I thought of him....but that's just the kind of mood I've been in lately.

Enola said...

Happy Mother's Day. So what was the waitress's reaction to the butt grabbing? If she seemed put out by it, I would have told the manager too.

And I'm with you - when I go out with my husband alone, I want to talk to him - not the waiter.

Martha said...

Never a dull moment at your house. It used to be that way at mine too... Sad to say I use to long for a dull moment, once in a while I still do, but I so love a house full of activity also. How can I love all the chaos and hate the mess at the same time? Okay, sometimes I don't hate the mess either. I've kind of gotten used to it and sometimes it's almost like an old friend... almost.

Cassandra said...

I know its late but i wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers day, I have learnt so much about what it really means to be a mom through reading your blog Della and i want to thank you for that

((((()))))
Cassandra xx

cheryl said...

You must save that note forever.. it's kind of like Claire drawing the picture of our mother taking her dentures out in kindergarten. Did she write it in school?? By the way, I have a nice box of white chocolates for you, (75%off), and I'm telling you now so I won't open them..