summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

we met jack....

and he is sweet. He was a bit scared of the kids I brought and had to warm up to them. He seemed to be defensive of the baby they have. The mom wasn't home, the dad said he thought we would be a good family for Jack, but he has to discuss it with his wife. So I half wonder if he will say she thinks we have too many kids. They want to bring the dog over here and see if he fits in....I think that is a BAD idea. It probably won't be pretty at first, if the dog is scared of so many people, and if they are here too, he will be confused. And they will want to bring him home. Also, it will prolong their agony, as it is hard for them to let him go. And, while we wait for their ultimate decision, I got a message that a puppy I had inquired about on Monday is still available, am I interested? hmm.

Mali, Kathryn, Evelyn, Sonja, and Jon went with me to see the puppy tonight. The guy probably would have sent the dog home with me if I hadn't brought so many kids with me. I forget that for the average person, 5 kids seems like a lot.

My mind does not seem depressed, by I think my body thinks I am. Does that make sense? I can't sleep, don't have much apetite, and I feel sort of apathetic about what to make for dinner - WAIT, this is normal!!! ha. Except for the appetitie part. I haven't been going around feeling sorry for myself, either. At least not that I am aware of. The puppy guy asked me if I was going to have anymore kids....I couldn't exactly say, well, I just lost one this past weekend. So I just said that I don't know. If I said, "Well, I sure hope so!!", he would think I was too crazy to have his puppy. ha. For all I know, he thinks that anyway.

Mirielle is being nice and showering the younger kids for me tonight. Abigail is reading stories, and Camille is taking Kathryn's pen while she tries to do her homework. Mali is working on biology......Someone is playing the keyboard, and I hear music from the computer. Camille is on me now, with a nice little book.

They need to be tucked in!

No comments: