summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 21, 2009

incredibly busy....

I thought supper would be simple tonight....ha. It took over an hour to cut up the fruit and the cucumbers, tomatoes, and sweet onions....Camille woke from her nap grumpy, did not want to get into the highchair, did not want a bib on - so I gave her a popsicle. (and I made her wear a bib) See, Charlotte Claire pooped in her NEW bathing suit right before dinner (and yesterday, I saw her still-nice old one in the garbage, and I pretended I didn't) so, I had to clean her up and clean up the bathing suit (fun!), and she was so mad that she couldn't put it back on.....I told her at first I would throw it away, and she was so upset...so I washed it out...(I wasn't really going to throw it out)....anyway, she wanted it back on! It still had to be put through the wash....she could NOT put it back on yet. She did not like that. She had not had a nap, so that added to the fun. She wasn't going to be allowed to come to the table naked, and all she wanted was her suit....she finally got some undies on and joined us. My point is, it was busy. Sometimes when the kids are fussy and bratty it seems like it would be easier to give in and give them their own way, and sometimes I do. But it just makes them brattier in the long run. "Start as you mean to go on", is a good saying. Like for the bib....if I don't make her wear it, that will be it. No more bib, more ruined clothes.

We emptied the hot tub, cleaned it out nicely, Joseph put some spa polish on it, and we refilled it. Paul put the new cover on it tonight, and: it is too small. He is going to try to make it work, since it was custom made, and he was the one who measured....and it took 6 weeks to get here. It is not the regular kind with the foam inserts in vinyl, it is inflatable and domeshaped so the rain and snow don't settle on top. It floats on top of the water, and seems lighter and easier to take off. It is too small, but he is going to try to make it work....why do these things always happen? He doesn't even care for the hot tub, he is just being nice to me.

It is too late at night, but since I can't seem to find any quiet time during the day, I am reluctant to give up my time now. Not that it is too quiet yet, Margaret is skipping school tomorrow because it is spring olympics, and she has a friend here. A very nice girl from a family with 14 kids. Mirielle is also still up, reading her Anne Of Green Gables book. Joseph, Aaron, and Mali just went down to bed.

I was thinking the other day that I would enjoy a nice rainy day home alone with a really good book and some coffee and some cookies. Really good cookies. Dark and rainy, with some wind and thunder, too. Not that I am wishing for that, it just came into my mind and it sounded lovely. Lovely and it ain't gonna happen. I have not read a good book in a while, besides the Bible. I end up staying up all night because I can't read during the day.....

I am tired...it has been a long day...

2 comments:

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Your day sure was busy...and it only makes it harder when the kids are a bit uncooperative...Lord,knows I have been there more times than I care to count.
I would like some alone time too...
actually I would like some UNINTERRUPTED sleep. I am ut at the wee hours of the morning b/c Leanna still does not want to sleep through the night.
Oh well...
Annmarie

FLmom7 said...

You would enjoy our weather here lately, it's been raining for days, dark dreary, stormy (but not cold out), great weather for a good book and coffee and cookies!