summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 8, 2009

off to school in the morning....

Evelyn Joy, Sonja Kathleen, Suzanne Eleanor, and Kathryn Grace... And another one, this time with Suzanne smiling.
They are so excited!!! We are getting Jack! His people emailed me, and they think he will get all the attention he needs here. I am just trying to work it out that we pick him up, rather than have them bring him here. I really think he would be more confused to have his present master here when he gets to know us. (and what if he runs and hides in my previously clean laundry room? Do I want his present master in my laundry room?)....
Wouldn't you know that the other puppies I enquired about are : only two weeks old, border collie/shepard+husky mix, free, 8 to choose from...oh, they sound heavenly. But my kids are already in love with Jack. They told me this morning that they have been praying for him. Even Kathryn, who doesn't really like him, said she is praying anyway, because she knows she will get to like him. And that the other kids want him.
So, today I have to go get some bloodwork done, and get some candy for the kids activity club party, and anything I might need for Captain Jack, as the kids are calling him. I am really hoping he settles in and gets used to so many kids. If not, his present master said he would take him back. Now that would be hard. I wouldn't do that unless he was snapping at the kids. And I am sure, because of the overwhelming response they got to their posting, they would get someone to take him. It's not like he would be put down or something.
I got the most beautiful bunch of roses from the UPS man yesterday. No, they were really from Paul. I was touched. He has already gotten me flowers twice in the last few weeks. I don't think that losing a baby is nearly as hard for him, but he knows how hard it is for me. He really is a good guy. He doesn't really want a dog, but he is truly fine with getting one if I want it. Oh my goodness, when we got the kittens, he gave in because I was totally smitten with them, and couldn't choose, wanted both of them....and now who loves those kitties? Paul. He is always picking them up and petting them. He calls them both by the same name: Bad Kitty. He buys them cat food, and he loves them.
Well, I have people to change and people to feed....

2 comments:

KrustyLynn said...

I am so glad things worked out with "Captain Jack"--what a cute name!!! :) Your kids are so great...Kathryn saying she prayed to get the dog even though it wasn't what SHE wanted, because she knew her brothers and sisters wanted him! That's just the sweetest thing EVER!

Oh, and the girls' shirts in those pictures!!! where are they from?? The girls look so beautiful!

Robin said...

That is awesome that you are getting Jack!!!