summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 31, 2009

the school year is winding down....

The little girls have only 17 days left...and if they skip a few, that isn't too bad. Rosie was outside with a dead mole, compliments of either General Thunder or Kitten Force. Joseph took it from her and brought her in. She promptly peed on the floor, and now is whining to go back out. She is full of it tonight, and I, the tired and lazy mom, am ready for bed. Or at least ready to relax. We had 16 for dinner tonight, and at 5:30 I still did not know what I was making. When you have just a few people, it is easy to throw something together. Relatively, anyway. Evelyn and I ended up making english muffin pizzas, some chicken tenders,and broccoli/cauliflower. For 9 years old, Evelyn is very capable, and good company, too. She can be the drama queen, the victim of her sisters' meanness (just looking at her cross-eyed), and a huge whiner, but boy is she fun! After dinner, we had kitchen clean-up, the ever demanding take-the-puppy-out-to-pee job, and showers for all the little ones. Camille made her way through the gate and into the bathroom while I was showering the girls, saying, "Bath! Bath!"....no, not for you right now. You had yours this morning. She got her clothes wet enough to justify walking around saying, "Allwet, Allwet.." It is pretty cute, good thing.

Tomorrow is a dentist appointment for Charlotte Claire and Sonja, and Suzanne doesn't want to ride the bus without Sonja, so I said she could come, and Evelyn doesn't want to ride without those two, so she is coming. They better not get all silly and crazy in the dentist office. I had better get out the door without giving in to bringing Mr. Jonathan-I'll-be-good-I-promise....who temporarily forgets that promise a few times each outing....

I will be taking the opportunity to go to one of my favorite stores, Wegmans. They have whole seedless watermelons for $3.99, cantaloupes 2 for $3, and strawberries, 2 packages for $3. And boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.99 a pound. Good stuff. And: baby carrots for 99cents a pound, bananas 49lb., eggs cheap, soft tortillas cheap, milk cheap, bread cheap. And their store brands are always good. Oh, and the muffins....they have these cranberry muffins with toasted walnuts on top....expensive, 99cents each....but oh, if I get a coffee (they sell some very fine coffee in there), the ride home is relaxing and lovely. They also have bialys (?), which are like a pizza dough with blueberry, or cherry topping....oh, yum.

Well, morning comes quickly....and since I have to be out and about in the afternoon, I should get some sleep.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

sounds like a busy day ahead!!!

Tereza said...

oh an dI don't think my other comment went through on an older post of yours but I commented on a picture of you and susan and becky at the restaurant a few months back. Susan and becky stayed with us one summer while they were on the "A" team here. What a small world huh?!