summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 30, 2009

jon just stepped in more pee....

and I am getting a little sick and tired of it. Clean floors are very important to me. The puppy seems to want to sabotage that. Nah, she just can't hold it yet. She keeps that cage dry, so I know it's in her. It is only 8:45am and she has been out 4 times already. Twice with me, once with Joseph, and once with Suzanne. After she gets over her morning energy spurt, she will take a nice long nap.

So yeah, on Saturday morning, I cannot sleep in. Because I wake up, thinking about poor Rosie in her cage holding her pee. So I got up around 7:30. Joseph was out here on the computer eating cereal...and she was doing the dance in the crate...You CAN'T do that to her! The first one out her has to bring her out!!! Anyway, today it was hard to get up because Camille woke me up four times last night. I am not sure why. She doesn't nurse anymore, and I don't give her bottles when she wakes up, I just hold her for a little while, and she goes nicely back in her little bed. (After the third time of waking, I did consider getting her a bottle, then I thought of hopeful little Rosie, wanting to go out...and I was tired....so, I just held her). I hope she isn't getting sick or anything. All I could think of was, Today, I am getting a nap! I do not like wasting precious Saturday time on a nap, but......last night we watched Twilight. I read the book, and thought it was quite interesting in spite of not liking fantasy books so much. Kathryn was looking forward to watching it, and I randomly invited Evelyn to stay up and watch it too. She was more than thrilled. Mirielle and I , and Abigail, laughed our heads off about some of it, but Evelyn and Kathryn were entranced.

So, here I am on a cloudy breezy chilly Saturday morning, wishing I had gone to bed earlier last night, and thinking I shouldn't have had that last glass of wine....wine, whine....hmm.

The sunshine-y faces of Kathryn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan do cheer me up, though.

Today we have a project on the agenda. We as in Paul. He is installing a new water softening system. We live out in the country and have a well. The water is very hard. The minerals build up on the dishes and the sinks and the counters, but worse of all, inside the pipes. Our existing water softener uses salt pellets, which are expensive, bad for the septic system, and bad for us. So Paul bought this salt-less system, to see if it will reduce the build-up in the pipes as it claims. Because the water is sometimes slow or non-existant when you need it, especially when someone is showering or the washer is filling.....(the outside hose works fine though, so it probably isn't the well going dry)....

Every year we do a "What We Want To Do This Summer" list. Evelyn is getting too smart. She said, "We didn't even do most of the stuff on last year's list!" oops. But, all optimistic, we are doing another list. Jonathan said, "Even if we can't go to Darien Lake , we can go to Darien Lake.com!" Some of the things we are planning are bowling, mini-golf, of course the beach, a few different beaches in fact, out to lunch a few times, a few special playgrounds. I am tired already.

I have a sister and five brothers. Well, four surviving brothers. One one of my brothers, Bob, has ten children. 4 are married. He is expecting 3 grandchildren within 2 weeks in October. Two of them are girls, and the third we don't know yet. He is beside himself with joy. He is that kind of guy who loves babies and kids. Bob lives only 4 miles away, and we are very close. He is the guy who built our house. With my other brothers, and Paul helping. He also built his own house, and my brother Tom's house. That was with holding down a full-time job, and working on the houses after work and weekends.

Do I ever run out of things to blab about? Apparently not. I need to get up and do some things here, and also Charlotte Claire just showed her sunshine-y little face. She is so funny, sometimes she gets up really early, (her door is really loud), and if no one is up, she goes back to bed. I hear her door.....she did that this morning, which was another reason I felt compelled to drag my lazy self out of bed. Just to make sure she DID go back to bed....anyway....

3 comments:

James Austin said...

Never admit that you didn't notice someone was missing! (Unless you accidentally leave them at church, then it's kind of hard to deny.)
-Martha

Robin said...

I so feel for you with the puppy. Ours just turned 1 and it has been an "eventful" year. But they are just so darn cute!!! We love ours to pieces even though we just got an $80 ticket (leash law and he always gets out!). Yours is soooo adorable!

Mrs Marcos said...

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your "blabs." You have an interesting and full life and it is fun to 'follow along' via your blog.

We went to Six Flags Darien Lake for our honeymoon in 2003. We were married in Livonia, NY (Lake Conesus). My husband's family is in Rochester and we rent the same cottage on Conesus every June! We just booked our tickets yesterday. One of my favorite things to do in Rochester? WEGMANS! Man, I LOVE that store!