summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 10, 2009

jack didn't come back....

But first, Charlotte Claire's chocolate-pretzel dipping look....
Suzanne and Camillle...

Joseph scratching Sonja and Kathryns' backs....
Last evening....see, it is not always crazy in here....




Why did I buy fruity pebbles?





the kids are sad
so is their dad
their mom is mad,
Jack is bad!










I set my heart on that little guy,
lost the baby and didn't cry,
appeased myself with a sweet little pup,
what do I do if he never shows up?







Yeah, I am pretty bad. Not a poet and yes I know it. I do realize that I was dealing with the baby by getting a puppy, which was a darn brilliant plan, but it failed. Today, I got an email from someone in an animal rescue with 2 nine week old English sheepdogs...rats. I can't do anything until we find Jack, or something. I sent the previous owners an email explaining that I am not sure we will want to keep him here if he is going to run like that, it isn't safe, and it is nervewracking. But it is a moot point, since we have not caught a glimpse of him today. He was around last night when Ben got home from delivering pizza, at like 1:00, but he wouldn't come to Ben. That is the problem, he doesn't trust us yet. I could go drive around, but even if I see him, he won't come to me.


Well, my kids are slobs, they are melting some of those large chocolate eggs from easter, and dipping pretzels into the chocolate. I am in the living room pretending that 6 kids are not making a huge mess in the kitchen. I do know I will regret ignoring them, but.....Jon is yelling, "Abigail, look how chocolaty this one is!" If I go in there, it will surely ruin their fun...


And it smells so good, melted chocolate.



Afternoon coffee....yum.







Wow, Sonja had chocolate all over her arms, face, hands....








Tomorrow my little Charlotte Claire turns 3 years old. We are having a big birthday party on Wednesday. It is for Sonja K., who turned 7, Jonathan, who turned 5, and Charlotte Claire. If we wait any longer, we will have to include Joseph, who turns 18 on Saturday....anyway, we are also including my niece Susan, who turns 23(?)......so there will be lots of extra people and kids here, and we will cook out on the grill, if we get some more propane....and it is supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny.....so it should be fun. I am taking Camille to the dr. tomorrow for a check-up, so I will go shopping for the party.






























2 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

If we let the dog in the house and forget he is here, he escapes the next time someone opens a door that leads outside the fenced yard and is gone. Then we play chase the mutt around the neighborhood until he lets us catch him. I refuse to chase him. He comes back either way after half an hour or so.

Cassandra said...

Happy Birthday Charlotte!!! I am so sorry about Jack, thats just not fair is it, we had a dog along time ago called jack, he ran away too, maybe its something to do with the name...