summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 11, 2009

suzanne feels like poop in school....

So I got her on the bus this morning, after some mild complaining that she just didn't feel well. I thought she seemed fine, so I sent her on her way. The school nurse, who knows our number by heart, I'm sure, called about an hour ago and said, you guessed it, Suzanne was in her office. With a temperature of 99degrees. Hmm. Said she didn't feel well. Okay, Mirielle went to get her. She is now out on the deck with Jon and Charlotte Claire and Camille playing with Charlotte Claire's new birthday tea-set. Yes, with water, not tea. (At least they are out there now, they used SIX clean towels to clean up the water mess they made at the kitchen table. SIX! And: I heard Jonathan say, "That's okay, Charlotte, we have lots of clean towels left in the closet." Jon, do you think they get there magically?) Plus, they had 6 or seven towels on the living room floor for beds for them and their dolls and stuffed animals. I am ashamed to say that I folded them back up and put them back in the closet....but the wet ones are in the hamper.

Anyway, Suze seems fine. If I were a wise mother, I would make her stay in bed or at least on the couch, so that staying home wouldn't be fun, and it would deter her from doing this again in the future. But I am, contrary to what she thought in her note, a BELEAVING mom, who really thinks it is very possible to feel like poop in school, and feel fine at home. Thus the "excessive absences" comments on my childrens' report cards. Oh well. They happy, I happy.

Okay, there are mean people out there. This comes as a complete surprise to me. I live in my cozy little world where everyone is nice to each other. I cannot so much as kick the cat without feeling horrible about it, even when he darn well deserves it. Here is what happened: Jeff, Jack-the-bad-puppy's previous owner, emailed me and described his frustration in trying to catch Jack-the-bad-puppy. He contacted the animal control officer, and was told to try a dog trap. It is a humane trap, not like a clawtrap that breaks the leg or anything. Just a cage that closes when the animal enters for the food. Anyway, Jeff said they cost $400. So, I put a want ad on craigslist for one. Oh my goodness. I got bashed and the ad was flagged and removed. What? Me? Mean? Ignorant? Don't deserve a pet? Ouch. I almost cried. I am nice. People shouldn't be mean to me. Well, this woman sent a copy of her disaproval of me to my email, so I returned a pretty funny letter to her. I told her the world was a beautiful place because of love and compassion, and without those things it is cold and dark. I told her that I am hoping she admits how bitter she is and that she lives up to her email name, which is: glad dahlia!... Ha. It was fun. Hey, maybe I AM mean, and I just don't know it...hmmm.

Well, the day goes on, and I can't seem to get ahead. Between cleaning up the messes the kids make (already today, Camille pooped her morning diaper--Jon went in to say good morning to her, and yelled the dreaded, "She pooped and took off her diaper - it is all over, Mom!"), then charming little birthday girl Charlotte Claire pooped in her morning diaper, which was pretty full of pee, if you must know, and it was a mess....lucky me, eh? Then Camille had her new favorite, chocolate cocoa pebbles, which I can only blame myself for, but hey, she loves them and eats up two bowls of them....anyway, that mess needs no explanation if you have ever purchased those, you know what I mean....also, those lovely pretzels dipped in chocolate - the remnants of those were on the counter on the waxed paper....and the chocolate crumbs were all over the floor....anyway...I have been busy, but have not gotten ahead, if you know what I mean.

I have to leave in two hours for Camille's appt., and to get some bloodwork done...and go shopping for Wednesday's party....so, I need to put this timewaster away...

4 comments:

FLmom7 said...

I'm sorry people were so rude to you about the dog. You've had it rough lately, and my heart goes out to you.

Updated by Lila Huggins (grandmother) said...

B.L.E.S.S.

Y.O.U.R.

H.E.A.R.T.


God Bless You!
Miss Lila in Atlanta

lilahuggins@gmail.com

cheryl said...

My kitty missed the litter box last night, and I just covered it with a whole bunch of paper towels!! My nice husband cleaned it up.. on his BIRTHDAY!!, this morning.. Did you tell Charlotte Uncle Bill's birthday was today, too? I'm sure she'd be thrilled.
That is too funny about Glad Dahlia!! By the way, I'm meaner than you, I like to tell the telemarketers that I'm in prison, and ask them how they got my cell phone #.. One lady actually asked to talk to the "Warden", as if I'd let them know I had a phone in my cell. Hey, a "Cell Phone"!! Okay, it's late, and I'm headed to sleepyland.. Hope there's good news from puppyland.

KrustyLynn said...

People can be so mean. They feel better by making you feel horrible! Poo on them!!

Plus, I think it's so funny that Suze feels like Poop in school. I hated school too...and would have stayed home EVERYDAY if I could have. hahah!

And you're not mean...heaven knows I would have been a lot meaner probably. :)

I hope the puppy problems get sorted out! :(